Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Are you saying you put deposit before knowing what the thing will look like or what specifically included in the specs? Does it is even legal for Lexus to take it like that? Because I tend to believe you could easily take it back legally if you wanted to.

My point deposits are given or taken on agreed thing, as this agreed thing was not present at the time what you gave deposit for - "unknown future model"? And if you realise that the thing doesn't meet you needs, what can stop you from taking deposit back - "I put deposit for one thing, but it appears to be different, so I am taking it back".

Now I understand you completely happy and not planning to take it back, but my surprise that Lexus would even take deposit and legally exposes themselves like that.

That's a really interesting point you raised. I tend to agree with it. But on the other hand I can't' see a company accepting a deposit illegally either. There must be some sort of clause within the agreement. 

Nice one Richard anyway. Keep us abreast with your order.

3 hours ago, Linas.P said:

My point deposits are given or taken on agreed thing, as this agreed thing was not present at the time what you gave deposit for - "unknown future model"? And if you realise that the thing doesn't meet you needs, what can stop you from taking deposit back - "I put deposit for one thing, but it appears to be different, so I am taking it back".

I think it's just like reserving a spot in the waiting list.........that there won't be.

3 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Are you saying you put deposit before knowing what the thing will look like or what specifically included in the specs? Does it is even legal for Lexus to take it like that? Because I tend to believe you could easily take it back legally if you wanted to.

Now I understand you completely happy and not planning to take it back, but my surprise that Lexus would even take deposit and legally exposes themselves like that.

Yep its usually a refundable deposit subject to specs and prices and viewing probably

It's essentially an intent to purchase. Had to do this a few times with Porsche. With them you get a build slot and need to lock spec down by a certain date.

32 minutes ago, Normski said:

It's essentially an intent to purchase. Had to do this a few times with Porsche. With them you get a build slot and need to lock spec down by a certain date.

Although its different with Porsche as they tend to have long waiting times

Not particularly sure if its worth it for Lexus - they can usually get the vehicle down within a couple of weeks/months providing its not an odd combination

3 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Although its different with Porsche as they tend to have long waiting times

Not particularly sure if its worth it for Lexus - they can usually get the vehicle down within a couple of weeks/months providing its not an odd combination

Ahh true...and unlike Porsche not everything is an extra with 100's of options! Don't even get me started on them charging for auto-dim mirrors ;)

So that is basically "registering your interest" and to look more serious voluntary holding some money with Lexus :wacko:

Anyway hope you will enjoy the car as you are so committed from early on.

5 hours ago, Normski said:

Ahh true...and unlike Porsche not everything is an extra with 100's of options! Don't even get me started on them charging for auto-dim mirrors ;)

That is very German (and annoying), I was looking of maybe getting M3 e92 which reminded me why I sticking with Lexus, it had optional dimming mirrors and electric folding outside mirrors... on £60k car you get out and fold your mirrors by hand like "a man"... c'mon...

• Haha 1

I,too, fancy the UX but need to satisfy myself that is SO much more than the Toyota CHR that I would have bought for my wife had there been a more powerful 4-wheel drive version.

Tel

10 minutes ago, Tel said:

I,too, fancy the UX but need to satisfy myself that is SO much more than the Toyota CHR that I would have bought for my wife had there been a more powerful 4-wheel drive version.

Tel

Thats like comparing an NX to a RAV4....

49 minutes ago, Eame64 said:

Remember Tesla have taken thousands of £1000 deposits for its Tesla 3 which is just basically to get in the Queue.It is refundable though.

Yes but the difference is that... there is unlikely any queues for UX. This is more the thing of limited production models - Tesla, Lexus LFA, ~LC... UX is like off road version of CT - mass produced entry model. Yes, Tesla model 3 is as well sort of mass produced entry model, but there other specifics of the company (e.g. they are not capable to meet demand) which requires unusual steps to get on the queues. Yes it will likely sell like hot cakes, but I doubt there will be any shortage.

I might be a bit thick, but I don't understand the idea of "refundable"  deposit, unless we are talking about the service where deposit is taken as collateral for any damage. But in such case you agree to certain terms of service, whereas here there are no terms to agree with or enforce. 

1 hour ago, Tel said:

Tel

I take your point Tel, however you’ve got to accept that in cases where a manufacturer share a chassis between different models each car can still be enginered and tuned to be different.

Aesthetically the UX looks a lot more premium tha the CHR from the pictures seen so far. Am sure when it comes to driving dynamics the difference would be wide

4 hours ago, Linas.P said:

I might be a bit thick, but I don't understand the idea of "refundable"  deposit, unless we are talking about the service where deposit is taken as collateral for any damage. But in such case you agree to certain terms of service, whereas here there are no terms to agree with or enforce. 

Just gets you at the front of the queue once it becomes orderable. Important if your dealership is only given an initial allocation and you want to be in that allocation. 

.... yeah.. I guess one needs to be really passionate about the car, which I cannot get looking at UX, but that is obviously very personal and different.

I mean for me if I would need SUV and UX would fit the needs... I would kind of indifferent - one month later or sooner. It won't be like waiting 2 years for Tesla. I guess you can probably do that when new Golf is about to come out as well - I just not going to get "why"..

Toyota excel @ build quality, too & my better half's Rav 4. & latter-day Yaris cars have never creaked or rattled.

I love the CHR & doubt whether the 40k UX will be worth the extra 10k.    We shall see.

Tel

It needs to start at £30k otherwise it competes with the NX. That will be around £5k more than the base C-HR hybrid in the same way the NX starts around £5k more than the base RAV4 hybrid. The base CT is only £1k more than the Auris so there is no precedent that Lexus will demand a £10k premium for the UX.

On 13/03/2018 at 3:54 PM, Tel said:

Toyota excel @ build quality, too & my better half's Rav 4. & latter-day Yaris cars have never creaked or rattled.

I love the CHR & doubt whether the 40k UX will be worth the extra 10k.    We shall see.

Tel

There's no chance it'll start at £40k. Thats NX money and IS money. 

This is supposed to be marketed below them so would expect a UX Premier to be around £37-38k, possibly even less.

The F-Sport Premier pack if available, like the IS will probably be around £2k more than the Premier though but I think Lexus will keep these under £40k for sure

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

There's no chance it'll start at £40k. Thats NX money and IS money. 

This is supposed to be marketed below them so would expect a UX Premier to be around £37-38k, possibly even less.

The F-Sport Premier pack if available, like the IS will probably be around £2k more than the Premier though but I think Lexus will keep these under £40k for sure

If the models follow the NX then I am hoping for a luxury around £33k to £34k

I would expect them to be even lower.. Surely nobody going to get UX (250h) for the same money as NX (300h)...

NX (SE) starts at £34k and UX seems to be somewhere between CT and NX so maybe ~£27k start for SE, that would make Luxury under £30k, and Premier/F-sport maybe touch over £30-£32k.

As well comparison can be made with Toyota CHR and Auris,

So if CT is £2-4k more expensive from Auris and if UX follows similar premium with CHR we are looking at £24k start and £30k finish. Maybe add additional £2k on engine options which are not available on CHR, like 250h.

17 minutes ago, Tel said:

Please note, I would only consider a fully loaded 4x4 F-Sport model & it will be closer to 40 than 30k.

Tel

Looking at the current pricing of the NX and RX - it appears that the most expensive NX i.e. the F-Sport Premier, is £43995 without any options.

The cheapest RX450h starts at £48645. 

If that pricing scheme is anything to go by, the UX F-Sport Premier (if available) might be priced the same, if not lower than the cheapest NX at £35k. 

If the UX is to replace the CT, I would presume the pricing to remain similiar to it. A UX F-Sport Premier at £34-35k would be £3k more expensive than the CT F-Sport Premier but would still allow young buyers to come to the brand

All speculation of course and we'll find out when the pricing is revealed

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links