Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Have seen multiple pictures from Portugal. Demos and customer cars towards the end of March. Increased my holding deposit today up to a full deposit to ensure best delivery. It’s a UX with Premier Plus pack for me. 7 months since I put my name down, 5 months to go. 

Beutiful colour but not for me.

55AEA02E-37CE-419D-97A2-87603F4A6716.jpeg

Maybe white for me 

816C9E40-584E-4DB7-B669-0BDEF7025282.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Loved it. Wish they would not use the sport all the time. It’s just the two of us oldies now so getting in and out is a big improvement. Not much leg room in the back but we only have to bring the seats forward a bit. Apart from grandchildren the back seat on my IS is never used.

The boot floor is high with lots of space underneath the floor. Plenty for us, but some people may be put off by that. Electronic hand brake with a button by the radio controls, that’s a first for me.

This car had the red leather which was nice but that meant it had black roof lining which made it very dark inside. I am having Rich Cream with a similar roof lining. Ordering the White with the Premium Plus pack.

All the controls look very nice, I am sure the touch pad will take some getting used to. The 10” info screen looks very good.

Should have a delivery date soon. I am expecting 2nd half of March. Just over 1 year since my deposit. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Had my test drive today at Guildford and ordered a 250H Takumi in Graphite black and black leather.

Very surprised with the delivery estimate of end of March. Obviously struck lucky with the spec as one must be on the boat with that spec!

My only reservation was the boot size but at least it will mean the better half carries less rubbish when we go on a trip!

John

• Like 1

After putting a deposit down on March 8th 2018 I finally got to drive one today. I was very impressed. The engine and drive chain noise was miles better than my IS. The internal layout and quality of finish was really good. I drove the 2 wheel drive as that is what I am getting. The rear boot floor lifts out and Lexus believe production cars will carpeted down into the recess. 

The throttle response was very good even in ECO mode. Each test drive the salesman takes his iPad which sends info on performance or any issues directly to Japan. I went up and down the M32 then 15 minutes of around the house and it was in electric mode for 53% of the drive.

Very very happy and my wife was given champagne and chocolates for Valentine’s Day. 

My daughter recently bought a new Fiesta ST3 from Trust Ford and the handover was a shambles, about as far away from Lexus as you can get.

Mine still on schedule to be in Bristol March 1st. Should be on the road by the 5th.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2018 at 4:25 PM, Fatts said:

I take your point Tel, however you’ve got to accept that in cases where a manufacturer share a chassis between different models each car can still be enginered and tuned to be different.

Aesthetically the UX looks a lot more premium tha the CHR from the pictures seen so far. Am sure when it comes to driving dynamics the difference would be wide

I agree, it does look more premium! I have sat in one and it is well built, even has LC inspired switch gear.
I have a video the UX at my local dealer if you want to see it more indepth? 

I also did the test drive of the UX. It does drive nicely and is fast enough for all normal use but...

it is quite small in the luggage area compared with the NX. Interestingly, the UX is very little different in width from the NX but the reduced length and sloping back mean that larger loads cannot be accommodated.