Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS430 Tyres

DaKa

My 2001 LS430 needed new tyres as the 5+ years old fitted Kumho tyres had only minimal circa 3 mm tread. Although I was very pleased with the Kumho having worn evenly for the last circa 25,000 miles and would buy them again if cheaper, they were coming out just a little more expensive this time than I had hoped.  

I found these budget tyres on eBay with B/B and 72 db rating and had them fitted to the car last week.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-225-55ZR17-97W-ALFAMOTORS-NEW-4-QUALITY-TYRES-2255517-LOW-PRICE-BUDGET/282822127096

I'm not a speed merchant and can't speak for their longevity, but can confirm that my first impressions are excellent, grip, running true and noticeably quieter (I guess that could be the softer rubber on new tyres?).

If you're on a budget like me then you could do a lot worse than buying these budget tyres - sorry if this offend Dunlop/Michelin and other premium tyre fans.

Wow they were cheap, well found.  

I've never heard of the make, are they a budget product from one of the big players?

I see they are rated B for both fuel and wet weather categories, 72dB is a bit high tho.  Do you know what noise rating were your old tyres were?

They are indeed a budget China import, but the rating is slightly better than most Kumho tyre brands that are B/C at best. The sound level of my old tyres where circa 71db, so no real difference with these budget tyres stating 72db - I believe Kumho do make a 68db tyre but the grip/economy rating isn't as good.

As mentioned, my old tyres being 5+ years old and hardened rubber with less tread definitely made more noise than these new unbranded tyres with new rubber.

• Like 1

I would be so wary of cheaper tyres from Chinese origin the latest scam I heard is the CE mark  (in general ) when questioned, officially now means "  Chinese Export "...................................

Malc   

You are of course right to be careful - I used a Ebay/PayPal supplier that I've used before and tyres previously sold with positive feedback - but even then, you can get caught out.

I've been very impressed with my last few outings particularly the straight line driving with the asymmetric pattern, they really seem to drive themselves and grip excellent in the wet. I do however definitely notice a softer feel on the bends/corners but it may be that the general tyre fitters didn't put enough pressure into them as 38-42 is probably more than most wheels they get to fit.