Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The “I’m bored - my F is having the fuel pumps replaced” thread

12 hours ago, Jon_B said:

I’m booked in for morning of the 21st.  Anybody noticed any difference since having it done?

No idea - but the spoiler still works :wink3:

• Like 2

No difference with mine.

I was there 5 hours, apparently they turn  the RC-F models round quite quickly as they have done a few, however mine was the first GS-F they had in and the job was a little different........something to do with higher capacity pumps to contribute to the higher power output......................................:whip:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Comedian said:

Why did no-one get courtesy cars?

I was offered one, in fact initially I was going to take the LC500, however by the time I got home I figured it would be time to go back, well that was based on the 2-3 hours they told me initially, so I declined..................................

Makes sense. Was curious why people would hang around by choice. 20 mins drive for me and hoping to try an NX go to work and wait for the phone call.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Makes sense. Was curious why people would hang around by choice. 20 mins drive for me and hoping to try an NX go to work and wait for the phone call.

I had an NX for 5 days, its a long story, I thought it was great.

• Like 1

I'd be happy just to get the work done. When I emailed my dealer I didn't hear anything for a couple of days, then when I chased it up I was quizzed who had written to me informing me of the recall because they haven't had training and parts aren't available. Heard nothing since.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Wow, any other dealers nearby? Training to change a fuel pump? Hmmmm.

My nearest dealer is 5 miles away, the next about 30 miles but I am seriously considering making the extra journey.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Comedian said:

@Comedian Some of us are more than happy to sit there guzzling coffee and biccies for however long it takes........ 🤡

🐀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Comedian said:

I can save you the time assessing the NX. 

Here's my in depth review - "An NX hybrid would struggle to pull the skin of a rice pudding"

There you go - job done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@Comedian A certain person did and it wasn't me............. his other car is a OVLOV......

🐀

I was offered an LC-500, but I said "NO. It's too fussy for my liking. I'll take that IS instead"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

100 miles. I'd drive passed two other dealerships before I got there.

@ColinBarber Ah right probably not a goer then...... they do shove a load of fuel in your tank for the inconvenience there....... and there's the coffee........ biccies......... LC on the front to go and play with..... mind you some Volvo drivers on here turned that treat down......eh @Flytvr 😁

🐀

11 hours ago, Flytvr said:

I can save you the time assessing the NX. 

Here's my in depth review - "An NX hybrid would struggle to pull the skin of a rice pudding"

There you go - job done.

@Flytvr Your technological in depth reviews never cease to astound me.........:rolleyes:

🐀

3 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Don't need it. Just call up and order parts. They take 2 to 3 weeks to arrive at present.

I didn't even need to do that - Cheltenham called me!  Great service! 

• Like 1

Lexus Swindon did my car at relatively short notice before I even picked it up. They managed to get the parts in less than a week. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

So mine was done on Thursday.

However I have a suspicion and wonder if a fellow owner could help me by taking pictures of the top of their fuel pumps in the engine bay as per the attached. 

RCF%20Fuel%20Pump.jpg

It's not so easy to take a picture of the one on the passengers side, but would appreciate it.

Also does anybody have a copy of the actual bulletin?  I tried looking on Lexus Tech EU, but couldn't find it.