Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The “I’m bored - my F is having the fuel pumps replaced” thread

Can try tomorrow.

I was shown the tech sheet when asked. Was to do with internal damper breaking down.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Martin F said:

So mine was done on Thursday.

However I have a suspicion and wonder if a fellow owner could help me by taking pictures of the top of their fuel pumps in the engine bay as per the attached. 

It's not so easy to take a picture of the one on the passengers side, but would appreciate it.

Also does anybody have a copy of the actual bulletin?  I tried looking on Lexus Tech EU, but couldn't find it. 

Big Rat posted a pic in this thread:

Thanks, 

I was assuming that the number i've highlighted below was a date code, in which case i'd expect the code to be later than 2015 and more like 2018 as per one of my pumps.

RCF%20Fuel%20Pump2.jpg

But looking at BigRat's picture his is showing as 2014, so maybe they are not date codes at all. 

Still be interesting to see what is stamped on yours Sean. 

On 3/9/2018 at 3:02 PM, Flytvr said:

Killing time waiting for my the RCF to have the fuel pump recall work done, so I thought I’d start a quiz called “Spot the Lexus and name the model”.  When it’s your turn to be  bored waiting for your pumps to be replaced, feel free to contribute to the thread.

Here’s an easy one -

FD8D519C-2950-4928-8BB0-E511D73E578B.jpeg

🤔

I wonder if my fuel pumps were replaced already...would they do this as part of a ‘major’ service as a matter of course or do you have to request it be done?

Thanks, 
I was assuming that the number i've highlighted below was a date code, in which case i'd expect the code to be later than 2015 and more like 2018 as per one of my pumps.
RCF%2520Fuel%2520Pump2.jpg&key=49094105df5a8c9b54aef0731d782d7c86746245dd838b86dfcaedb500c0ce75
But looking at BigRat's picture his is showing as 2014, so maybe they are not date codes at all. 
Still be interesting to see what is stamped on yours Sean. 

Doesn't look like a date. Important number would be the 10 digit part number xxxxx-xxxxx

7 hours ago, Comedian said:

Doesn't look like a date. Important number would be the 10 digit part number xxxxx-xxxxx

Not necessarily unless they have changed the part number, which is one of the reasons for asking whether anybody has a copy of the bulletin.

They will most likely just have kept the same part number but all parts built after x date will be of the improved design. 

Thanks Colin, 

So both of my 'new' pumps have part numbers 23221-38080 and 23221-38090 so I will assume that they were both changed.

As if you couldn't guess I have a great distrust of garages which is why i do nearly all work myself. Unfortunately when there is a warranty to maintain there is little choice. 

On 5/27/2018 at 11:42 PM, Martin F said:

They will most likely just have kept the same part number but all parts built after x date will be of the improved design. 

That's not my experience of Japanese part numbers in bike world using same format. A subtle change would result in a small change of number. Maybe just the last digit. 

12 hours ago, Martin F said:

So both of my 'new' pumps have part numbers 23221-38080 and 23221-38090 so I will assume that they were both changed.

This should reassure you, just taken a picture of my pump. As you can see the old model is quite different so your ones have definitely been changed.

Given this was a safety recall, it would be very reckless of someone not carrying out the work.

737708747_ScreenShot2018-05-29at21_42_45.thumb.png.724f3cd0748ec0db0b13c96a1857e296.png

• Like 1

On 5/27/2018 at 11:30 AM, tomRCFcarbon said:

🤔

I wonder if my fuel pumps were replaced already...would they do this as part of a ‘major’ service as a matter of course or do you have to request it be done?

Spoke to Lexus and they did replace the fuel pumps as part of the major service, so no waiting around in minimalist car showrooms for me for a while - phew!

Fuel pumps all done here - the IS300h courtesy car was rather pleasant. It was comfortable, quiet, economical, quite sprightly in sports mode etc. A very nice car, all told...

However, as soon as I saw my shiny black GSF awaiting collection, and especially as the V8 snarled into life, the hybrid was forgotten... shame! 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links