Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX-300 a bit beepy

My new RX-300 (actually a jap import / harrier) beeps when i lock/unlock and continuously when reversing. Is there an easy way to disable these things?  It doesn’t have parking sensors but i plan to have them retrofitted next week.

I would think you'd need Techstream to do it. You can get a miniVCI cable from eBay for about £20 and it will invariably have a copy of Techstream with it but it'll be a pirate copy, so it's upto your conscience whether you use it or not.

You can legally download a copy of Techstream from Toyota and pay for a licence but you'll obviously still need the miniVCI cable to connect the car to the computer anyway.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, m4rkw said:

My new RX-300 (actually a jap import / harrier) beeps when i lock/unlock and continuously when reversing. Is there an easy way to disable these things?  It doesn’t have parking sensors but i plan to have them retrofitted next week.

My Soarer used to beep when reversing.

I quite liked it ...

57 minutes ago, PCM said:

My Soarer used to beep when reversing.

I quite liked it ...

I like it when it's parking-sensor related, not sure I'd want both sets of beeps at the same time though.

Right I've got a copy of Honest Ahmeds Totally Legit Techstream from fleabay, can anyone tell me how to disable the lock/unlock beeps?  I can't see an obvious way to do it.

No idea to be honest. I would imagine that the beeping when (un)locking may be some setting in the Body ECU and the reversing beep may be to do with the ATM ECU. 

Just go through each ECU and each setting within the ECU and you should eventually find it - if it's adjustable, that is. It's worth spending some time just going through every setting you can find anyway, just to see what you can do with Techstream. Just be sure to only look, and don't click on anything actionable unless you know what you're doing or it's something obvious and/or something trivial like adjusting how long the cabin lights stay on after locking the door or similar stuff - otherwise you may end up bricking the car!  :blink:

How do you go into a module?  I've got "health check" which seems to just scan for error codes, and then under that "ECU reprogramming" - is that where it is?  I tried that and it showed a couple of modules with checkboxes next to them, not really sure what to do from there.

I'm also nervous to try anything because after first connecting it asks for a model code but mine isn't in the list.  I chose something else that has the same engine and it seems able to scan for errors but I guess trying to change ecu settings when it's got a different model code is probably not a good idea. Waiting for the vendor to respond about the model code issue.

Aha, figured it out. Needed to change the region to Japan, now I can select the harrier.  Running a full diagnostic now then i'll look at sorting out the beeps.

Hmm not having much luck with customisation.  I've got a load of options but any that I click on it just shows a progress bar for a few seconds and then does nothing.