35 minutes ago, Martin J said:

I thought that the ES300h A25A-FXS engine was a new direct injection design to go with the TNGA platform, or whatever Lexus call their implementation of it. Presumably this engine will make its way into the next NX. On the ES performance data, I'd be happy with the kind of figures being quoted. But I would like to see the NX's E-four AWD system as an option for the ES.

Yes it is, its the new engine with reduced friction or something so will definitely be more efficient than the outgoing GS is. 

The ES has a central tunnel. It might be for other markets but AWD is definitely coming 

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

Yes but Prius got brand new engine, with brand new electric motor and upgraded batteries, whereas I believe ES300h just uses same engine as GS300h... I agree we probably should wait for official figures.  

cennik_ES.pdf?_ga=2.261333642.686921653.

I've already shared it but to remind you that ES got official figures in some countries in EU as above and I would be very surprised if for UK anything will change in that respect.

0-62mph in 8.9

CO2 - from 106

average mpg 60.1

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Zotto said:

GS engine has a 38.5 % of thermal efficiency at the top of gasoline  solutions

Maybe not quite the top given the ES hybrid engine has a 41% efficiency rating.

• Like 1

Where have you found that data Colin? 😀

23 hours ago, Zotto said:

To all people who say GS is slow, my only suggestion is to try it, and if they like fast cars, try a GS 450h. Besides,  GS engine has a 38.5 % of thermal efficiency at the top of gasoline  solutions; when giving a look to performance it should be interesting to see also about real life mpg that other cars have. ES will have a better 0-60 mainly because it is lighter. About Vlady's question "why two" I don't know, but  it's so, as I read from ES specs, but I suspect it's a "asian" habit because I experimented the same difference in many Hyundai I had.

It is enough to try IS300h which is much more common. It is the same engine as in GS, just lighter and faster car... so if IS300h feels sluggish - there are no reason to even bother trying GS which is slower.

As you know GS450h is no longer a thing and that is exactly why I am making big fuss of Lexus discontinuing GS. This means we won't see any other car in the range with 450h - which was the only reasonable engine option in UK.

The point is : Is a GS 300h more than sufficient to drive in comfort in nowadays traffic? I had a GS 450h before, and yes, it is really fast, but all that power is somewhat unnecessary, like many other cars, and if the purpose is to say "I drive a car with 0-60 in 5 seconds" ok, choose some other car, if the purpose is to live cocooned inside a car get a Lexus without worrying about how many hp has, because it has all the power it needs to move satisfactorily.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zotto said:

The point is : Is a GS 300h more than sufficient to drive in comfort in nowadays traffic? I had a GS 450h before, and yes, it is really fast, but all that power is somewhat unnecessary, like many other cars, and if the purpose is to say "I drive a car with 0-60 in 5 seconds" ok, choose some other car, if the purpose is to live cocooned inside a car get a Lexus without worrying about how many hp has, because it has all the power it needs to move satisfactorily.

Well said. That’s the point in this class of car. 

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

It is enough to try IS300h which is much more common. It is the same engine as in GS, just lighter and faster car... so if IS300h feels sluggish - there are no reason to even bother trying GS which is slower.

As you know GS450h is no longer a thing and that is exactly why I am making big fuss of Lexus discontinuing GS. This means we won't see any other car in the range with 450h - which was the only reasonable engine option in UK.

Lol IS300h is sluggish. Hahahaha 😂😂🤣😆🤷‍♂️ 

I hate driving our sluggish IS300h. It's so sluggish that sometimes I feel I should have bought an IS250 😂