Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to forum

Heywall

Hi all,

New to the forum, I own an IS220d "07" plate, it had 80,000 miles on it when I got it 2 yrs ago, now it has 120k lol, I do a lot of miles to work.

It hasn't had too many issues to be honest, apart from the EGR being renewed 8 months ago, it was choked solid, nice and comfortable drive, quiet and smooth, so no real complaint, the only real issue, why the hell did they bother with a 6th gear, the ratio's are bloody awful, but i suppose you can't have everything. It's my first Lexus and I'm pleasantly surprised.

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum. The Lexus diesels certainly seem not to have been their finest hour but if you get a good one you'll do OK so long as you don't neglect maintenance. I have read some stuff about that long 6th gear and there seems to be a certain technique to get the best of it.

Welcome fellow diesel owner :smile:

Doing lots of miles is exactly what these cars were made for, so it is good to hear that you have enjoyed some trouble free motoring.

Unfortunately, more miles seems to imply the opposite as far as the EGR valve is concerned.  The recommendation is to give it a clean every 5-10k miles to keep everything running smoothly.  Luckily, it isn't a particularly bad job to do.

6th is pretty terrible, so I agree that Lexus had some strange ideas when it came to choosing ratios.  I tend to keep mine in 5th, which at around 70mph helps keep the DPF clean as well.