Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

disable tmps

oldjoe

I understand the need for save money here if the TPMS batteries have gone - there are several posts and IE sites on how to achieve this.

When I posted a similar question about my old 2003 SC it unearthed a series of options on how to replace the Battery in the existing TPMS at a fractional cost. I was lucky as the warning light came on for me as my tyres were in fact a little low on pressure having been idle for a while - pump them up to 36/38 psi and see if it makes a difference

If you do try the Battery replacement and it works, it avoids the need to register new TPMS monitors if you buy find a new set (I only found the cheap from USA at circa £100 for 4 but didn't buy as I could never be confident they were the exact model).

Of course, if you do try DIY then you need the tyres removed to get to the monitors and this would mean some help from a local garage (normally about £10 cash per tyre to remove and then refit/balance later). When I looked I found an excellent site and youtube showing how it could be done - if I find the link again I will post it for you. 

I posted a run through on how to change the batteries with pictures in the GS section. Costs around 50 pence per wheel for the batteries plus a small charge from your local tyre fitter for removing and re fitting the valves. There is no need for re-programming, or balancing the wheels since the tyres are not totally removed from the rims 

John.

On 3/10/2018 at 6:39 PM, oldjoe said:

is this possible on facelift model 2006 the same as early models?

Yes it is. Procedure below.

I have external aftermarket sensors for the wide wheels. When I disconnected the TPMS module I did also tape the connectors up to make sure they are isolated from everything else.

part copied from clublexus

- put shifter in Neutral 
- open up center console
- pull the whole heated seat module straight up, it will come up. disconnect
- you will be able to pull up the wooden part that surrounds the shift plate (close to center console)
- once it's up, the only point holding it are two clips right below the radio
- once it's out, you will see the TPS unit right below the radio
- unplug BOTH plugs, one small on the right and one bigger one on the left
- put everything back and enjoy

Image result for Lexus SC430 disabling TPMS

• Thanks 1