Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Uneven rear tyre wear

Hi

New to the forum and can’t find anything in search.

My car with 18 k has just had a service and Lexus report inner tyre wear on both rear tyres. They are down to about 4mm on inside edges. They say this is down to alignment being incorrect.

They won’t do a rear alignment without fitting new tyres - their reasons behind this don’t make sense, they say it will be a false economy because it will need to be redone again when new tyres are fitted. My reasoning is if they put the alignment right it should still be right when new tyres are required, providing nothing untoward has happened.

Any thoughts on this please. 

I also asked them to look at the mpg, I get about 36 to 37 with mostly motorway driving, their only thought was perhaps I drive too fast and don’t go slow enough in traffic to utilise the Battery power enough. To be honest I couldn’t drive slow enough to pull away without using the engine, is this normal?

thanks

Paul

Sorry wrong forum, I’ll post in the right one 

Edited by Paul86S2

On 10/03/2018 at 10:34 PM, Paul86S2 said:

Hi

New to the forum and can’t find anything in search.

My car with 18 k has just had a service and Lexus report inner tyre wear on both rear tyres. They are down to about 4mm on inside edges. They say this is down to alignment being incorrect.

They won’t do a rear alignment without fitting new tyres - their reasons behind this don’t make sense, they say it will be a false economy because it will need to be redone again when new tyres are fitted. My reasoning is if they put the alignment right it should still be right when new tyres are required, providing nothing untoward has happened.

Any thoughts on this please. 

I also asked them to look at the mpg, I get about 36 to 37 with mostly motorway driving, their only thought was perhaps I drive too fast and don’t go slow enough in traffic to utilise the battery power enough. To be honest I couldn’t drive slow enough to pull away without using the engine, is this normal?

thanks

Paul

Sorry wrong forum, I’ll post in the right one 

Any descent tyre centre will check the geometry of your wheel alignment free of charge,  I’d get them done now to maximise the life of your tyres BUT keep an eye on the inside tread, every time suspension is raised and lowered it can affect alinement, false economy is to replace tyres that don’t need it........don’t go to any national tyre centre, use a small one that rely on repeat business

Paul 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links