Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just wondering if these are the standard lights (bulbs - or more to the point, the colour of them) supplied with the car from new. The light looks a bit scattered in the picture but its just the way they are shown in the picture...

On car when bought it so just curious .... the main beams are ok.

5aa6b8abc1cef_Newcarlights.thumb.jpg.88f40b4fe887bcc0acb8bc014db6bc24.jpg

As above, this is sort of "blue mod", which is not standard and potentially not legal as can be confused for blue lights on emergency vehicles (at least this is what "they" say). As well they seems to be very "weak"... like on the cheap toys.

You an check here - I have replaced yellowish standard bulbs with white 6000k LEDs:

side-by-side:

597d28719b2e7_20170729_225530oldvsnewside.thumb.jpg.1df7328e7ce7e57d4c1a39d6c2ee5157.jpg

45 minutes ago, normski2 said:

No that’s not original kit. Scrupulous MOT centre would likely say they are not legal.

Looks like it’s the T10 5w sidelight bulb. A few eBay sellers give them free with halogen bulbs. They are very blue.

I thought not but could not imagine the owner changing them to these - I might take to my usual MOT centre to see if they would pass. I may just change back to a more reasonable colour as they ARE very blue in the dark!!

26 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

As above, this is sort of "blue mod", which is not standard and potentially not legal as can be confused for blue lights on emergency vehicles (at least this is what "they" say). As well they seems to be very "weak"... like on the cheap toys.

You an check here - I have replaced yellowish standard bulbs with white 6000k LEDs:

side-by-side:

597d28719b2e7_20170729_225530oldvsnewside.thumb.jpg.1df7328e7ce7e57d4c1a39d6c2ee5157.jpg

I have just checked the lights on mine - looks like the side light (small bulb on the side of the headlight as in your second picture) has been changed

Your replacement in the first picture looks really bright - is that from the side light (I take it the side light is located on the side of the light?!)

Any idea what the bulb should be ? 

you mean here?

597d287256640_20170729_225541newside.thumb.jpg.5a480bf665e6618c003fcc75806effe2.jpg

Yes that is side light alone, the LED replacement is quite powerful yet more energy efficient and last a lifetime. I can almost run them as DRL's

Everything is in the thread: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I798TKO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=autoclubinte-21

They are referred as W5W or T10.

3 minutes ago, is200 Newbie said:

I thought not but could not imagine the owner changing them to these - I might take to my usual MOT centre to see if they would pass. I may just change back to a more reasonable colour as they ARE very blue in the dark!!

I have just checked the lights on mine - looks like the side light (small bulb on the side of the headlight as in your second picture) has been changed

Your replacement in the first picture looks really bright - is that from the side light (I take it the side light is located on the side of the light?!)

Any idea what the bulb should be ? 

From your previous post which of the versions best matches the HID colour (4/6 or 8k version)

Side light T10 - PHILIPS XTREME VISION 360 LED T10, there are 4000/6000/8000k version

The picture below looks like its a good match, would you know the value of the side bulb you used

1led.thumb.jpg.795c4293bbf70ddd6f7f3aaf8bfd62a0.jpg

3 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

you mean here?

597d287256640_20170729_225541newside.thumb.jpg.5a480bf665e6618c003fcc75806effe2.jpg

Yes that is side light alone, the LED replacement is quite powerful yet more energy efficient and last a lifetime. I can almost run them as DRL's

Everything is in the thread: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I798TKO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=autoclubinte-21

They are referred as W5W or T10.

Thanks Linas ( seems the threads above crossed) - Will have a look at amazon ones.

Easy to replace?

Yes.. side lights are like 5 second job, though I did them at the same time as main and dipped beam and have airbox and widescreen washer fluid filler tube already removed. From memory I think you can replace right side without removing airbox, but you might still need to remove this:

Image result for is250 washer fluid filler tube

It is 1x 10mm bolt though... 

Cheers

These have come up on eurocarparts - there is one local to me so will give it a go

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-parts/car-electrics-and-car-lighting/lighting1/car-bulb/?48177013C&0&cc5_401&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIo5aLmcfn2QIVBecbCh0zmgQcEAQYASABEgL25fD_BwE

EDIT - just noticed these above are not the correct value at 4k not 6k - amazon ones done come up as compatible..

The ones in eurocarparts are not LED - they are simple bulbs which goes dead few times per year.

Well, amazon ones are fitter in my car, so I am 100% sure they are compatible - the only thing you might need to check polarity and rotate them if necessary. 

10 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

The ones in eurocarparts are not LED - they are simple bulbs which goes dead few times per year.

Well, amazon ones are fitter in my car, so I am 100% sure they are compatible - the only thing you might need to check polarity and rotate them is necessary. 

Thanks Linas

I replaced my side lights some time ago with the LED bulbs but they are the white ones. Halfords also do some as I did the Mrs car with them and they are quite impressive.
I also replaced my fog lights with LED bulbs and they are superb and can be used as drls

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Shaun, I used this type of LED ( Cree LED type)for the sidelight and they work very well. Sourced from eBay. The sidelight bulbs are very easy to change. It's just a holder at the back of the unit, quite high up, that you twist and pull back to 

a.jpg

If you use LED type don't try the ones that are plastic at the end with exposed smd's .... they can melt a bit with the heat inside the unit. The ones above are metal sheathed on the exposed part inside the headlight cluster. Mine have been in there about 3 or 4 years now.

Also don't go too long on the body of the LED. I tried these

aaaaa.jpg

and they were about 45/50mm long. They looked good but were prone to work themselves loose with vibration. They were fine as reversing bulbs though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, leelacey17 said:

Well no probably not but.......whatever

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Actually, it is quite annoying when people use their fog light's for wrong purpose, because they are not meant for anything else but fog and unlike dipped beam they have straight beam and really blinds oncoming traffic. Probably, not as much of an issue during the day, but almost the same as main beam during the night.

29 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Actually, it is quite annoying when people use their fog light's for wrong purpose, because they are not meant for anything else but fog and unlike dipped beam they have straight beam and really blinds oncoming traffic. Probably, not as much of an issue during the day, but almost the same as main beam during the night.

Here here well said.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links