Hello guys.

I recently had to have the automatic headlight levelling sensor bracket thingy welded up as it had broken. Since it was done I am pretty sure my headlight beams are now pointing down more than they used to.

Is there any manual adjustment on the headlights to raise the light beam or do I have to get the bracket thingy re-welded in a different position?

Thanks.

Steve.

There is a manual adjustment, because I had same issue a few years back.  I bodged my link rather than welded.

However it was local garage that did the adjustment, so not sure where it is, but if someone else out there knows, would like to also know for future reference.

Thanks Pete, hopefully someone will be able to help us out.

The link should be adjustable but if not this may help, apparently this also applies to HID headlights as well as halogen types.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000/855508-1998-ls400-how-to-adjust-headlight-beam-height.html

Thanks Steve.

After looking at the picture in your link I think I have located the adjusting screw.

In your picture it is shown at the top of the headlight but as mine are HIDs it seems to be at the bottom of the unit.

I will give it a go at the weekend when I have a bit more time and I can trial what I am doing in the dark.

I will keep you posted as to how I get on.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Steve.

Hello Guys.

This is just a quick update to let you know how I got on.

The adjusting screw is mounted towards the bottom of the light units between the two lenses.

You have to turn it anti-clockwise to raise the headlight beam and it works in tiny increments so be prepared for your arms to ache when you have finished.

It is a bit awkward to get to the screws as on one side the Battery is in the way (there is just enough room to work) and on the other side the air filter housing is in the way (I removed this to make life easier).

The end result is that now my headlights are back to where they should be.

I went out for a drive in the dark and no one flashed me so they don't seem to be dazzling oncoming traffic and I can see where I am going.

Thanks to Steve for the picture.

Steve.