Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just sold my NX

After months of deciding whether I wanted to keep my NX, I've sold mine. It will be replaced by a saloon car, no more bouncy SUVs for me. The replacement will have a petrol engine, will have an auto gearbox, will be a bit smaller and will hopefully be much more fun to drive. Likely won't be a Lexus either given that I've had one 2nd generation IS and three 3rd generation IS (IS300h Executive; IS250 F-Sport and an IS200t Sport). It will also have quite a bit more performance than I've had to contend with for the last 13 months with the NX. Lovely cars but I'm bored to death driving mine and have been for some time but wanted to give it time to make sure. I drove a couple of NX200t F-Sports but poor ride quality and the additional road noise turned me off. Not intending to blast the NX, they are lovely cars, just not for me any more. I'll likely drop in and confirm what the NX has been replaced by once I've decided.

• Haha 1

Was always going to be a Jaguar or a Lexus because these are the only cars I've wned since early 2011. Thought pretty carefully about another IS200t but opted for an XE on account of never owning one (had four IS up to now) and being a more involving and enjoyable drive. Close run thing though.

Probably my last day's posting on this forum too. Until I buy another Lexus I suppose. Might use some retirement cash to house an ISF inside my garage to use for summer blasts! I might pop in from time to time to see what's happening but until then adios / good bye / auf wiedersehen / au revoir / etc

Not owning a Lexus (although foolish and misguided :sad:) doesn't prevent you from posting on the forum if you wish.

To be fair, a jag would probably be the only choice should I ever change marque, so I for one, would be interested in your owners experience.

Did you go for petrol or diesel? How old?

• Like 1

On 3/16/2018 at 4:16 PM, bobmc said:

Not owning a Lexus (although foolish and misguided :sad:) doesn't prevent you from posting on the forum if you wish.

To be fair, a jag would probably be the only choice should I ever change marque, so I for one, would be interested in your owners experience.

Did you go for petrol or diesel? How old?

Petrol, 240 BHP. 2 1/2 years. A 15 plate and about 8 months newer than my NX. It's brought a smile to my face every time I've driven it and I've even been out for a drive just for the pleasure of driving it rather than actually needing to go somewhere. I'll post up a review at some point. I'll likely do a comparison against an IS200t I owned a while ago because both are compact sports saloons with 2 litre turbo-charged petrol engines developing the same power. No sense in comparing to my NX because they are just completely different cars.

Good luck with your new car Paul.  I look forward to reading your write-up on the Jag as a friend of mine swears they're the best.  He's never had a Lexus and so cannot offer owner comparison whereas you will.

Don't forget to do it will you :rolleyes:

Enjoy.

• Like 1