Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi to all,

Does anyone know what colours the is250 leather interiors came in Black and Cream are the two I have seen is there a grey or a blue? 

thanks Rod

Just now, MVrod said:

Hi to all,

Does anyone know what colours the is250 leather interiors came in Black and Cream are the two I have seen is there a grey or a blue? 

thanks Rod

Mine is a light grey a pain to keep clean.

1 minute ago, madasahatter said:

Yes black is nice but can be a bit to much sometimes.

The interior is very dark with black but my car I have now is black(not a Lex that is on the list for later in the year) my missus doesn't like the cream although I love it . I had a 3 series 325 with the grey buffalo hide and it was hard wearing and looked great need to look at a few interiors .

looked at an SR today with cloth interior and it does not do a luxury car any justice.

Only 3 colour were available on Pre-FL, Black, Cream and Light Grey ... I believe in FL they as well have Ivory, which is even lighter Grey. Anyway, at least in my opinion Cream looks bit weird, seats are ok themselves, but Lexus as well matched lower half of interior t other colour - personal obviously, but I don't like it. Both Grey and Cream gets dirty easy and are hard to clean - not an issue on Black. As well from Experience - had black, then grey, then black again - Black seems to be much harder wearing then Grey, and looking from the pictures same seems to be the case for Cream. Car with black and 100k - like new, with cream like pig's bu****... Not sure if that is purely because light colours gets dirty and then owners incorrect cleans them and more often and damages, or the actual leather is more durable in Black colour.

As I have said, that is thing of the taste, so I am not trying to convince anyone, same as for colour of the car itself. I had grey interior and hated it, car was mere 30k when I got it and the condition of interior was far worse then my current which I got with 112k miles and even when now it is 176k on black interior.

1 hour ago, cidersteve said:

love my ivory leather seats, easy to keep clean with auto glym cleaner .

I tend to believe leather in mk3 is different and design is is completely different from mk2 + autglym is rather poor cleaner, compared to say dodo juice. I hope you don't use Autoglym conditioner on top?

used Autoglym on my bmw 325i leather seats and both my lexus Is 250 leather seats and found it to be as good as any , we have leather seats in most of our aircraft and i have been lucky to try quite a few different products and Autoglym seems to be as good as any .

41 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

As I have said, that is thing of the taste, so I am not trying to convince anyone, same as for colour of the car itself. I had grey interior and hated it, car was mere 30k when I got it and the condition of interior was far worse then my current which I got with 112k miles and even when now it is 176k on black interior.

I tend to believe leather in mk3 is different and design is is completely different from mk2 + autglym is rather poor cleaner, compared to say dodo juice. I hope you don't use autoglym conditioner on top?

My last one had black leather and i liked that - this colour is different and it has grown on me. Never liked the light colours for the fact that I had thought they would get dirty. Time will tell. I have used different cleaners in the past but while they did bring off the dirt from the black leather there was no real difference once cleaned, guess the colour of the leather hid the dirt. I will be looking for as good cleaner however to keep on top of these though.

To be honest, around the bolster area, the black leather did seem tougher than this colour but leather is leather so I am presuming Lexus just spec'd different colours for the models.

Sorry - I take back my comment above in regards of the cleaner. Actually, I have many cheap leather cleaners and they do good job in cleaning, the difference is just how harsh they are on leather and the smell. Autoglym claims their cleaner is pH neutral and is suitable for sensitive surfaces - it is probably true.

I think the issue I have with Autoglym is that they always push their totally useless "conditioner" together with the cleaner (what they call clean and "protect" complete kit) and many people then make biggest mistake in leather maintenance by applying it. The actual cleaner might be "alright", but one must never use any creams (balms) or conditioners on sealed leather, only sealants. So my issue is that Autoglym plays unfair game by using lack of consumer knowledge to push junk products which are not only useless, but can potentially damage the seats, or increase wear.

2 minutes ago, is200 Newbie said:

To be honest, around the bolster area, the black leather did seem tougher than this colour but leather is leather so I am presuming Lexus just spec'd different colours for the models.

That is interesting point - my grey interior was worn to the level of leather sealing failing specifically in the bolsters area. Whereas when you pointed out now, the bolsters on my black interior have no problems and indeed seems to be much tougher (in the good way). The foam on drivers outside bolster is kind of shot, so it no longer keeps the perfect shape (kind of sagged a bit), but the leather itself is in good shape.

Maybe it was an improvement they made to the seats over the different years - I don't think there would be a need to advertise the fact to owners or new owners. My wife has a Vauxhall and has leather seats and the leather in the bolster area is worn and dreadfull.

Rather opposite, I had 2012 F-sport with black interior (it was EU spec. full leather, no alcantara, just little bit more aggressive bolsters)... Obviously, seen no difference as it was brand new car and I barely made over 10k (...kilometers), the second one was 2010 AWD with 30k (miles) and bolster were worn to pieces, and my current car is 2008, so the oldest of 3.

When looking to buy my current car I have looked at few cars with cream interiors, grey is actually rather rare, but all were badly worn and looked very dirty, compared to black.

Now again - my theory is that leather is potentially the same... but, because it is light colour people have to clean it more often and does it wrong, which eventually results in more wear. So maybe black interior doesn't see any extensive cleaning for 40-50k miles if not more, unless something is spilled etc. whereas cream/grey is cleaned maybe once a year or ~10k miles. Now if you add that some will apply the cream which attracts dirt, then in result light colour leather will be worn significantly more.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links