Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Managed to upload LS600 photos at last

Hi all .. This is more an exercise in uploading photos than anything else but .. this is my latest acquisition .. did everything wrong and bought it off the Lymm Services car park from a guy who brought it up from Birmingham .. as it turned out he was super cool and up front .. the car is a 2008 and as he described 2 owners and in superb condition inside and out with 85k on the clock and full service history .. as a peace of mind for myself I took it to Lexus Stockport last Saturday for a CVI by the techs .. I even got to look underneath whilst it was up on the lift  .. everything was in great condition and it was passed with a clean bill of health .. obviously has been well looked after

The Eagle eyed among you will wonder why the RX450 behind the LS has a great gaping hole at the end of the front wing next to the headlight .. well this is the result of it sliding off down my daughters drive !! just got it back yesterday from Jason .. boss at Charles Wilson Eng. near Rusholme in Manchester .. they have done a brilliant job replacing all the bent bits and even got the colour matching of the Pearlecent white paint perfectly matched and all thanks to Steve at the Bridge Motor Company who put me in touch ..      

IMG_4130.JPG

IMG_4131.JPG

IMG_4132.JPG

IMG_4134.JPG

IMG_4136.JPG

IMG_4134.JPG

IMG_4137.JPG

IMG_4143.JPG

IMG_4142.JPG

IMG_4144.JPG

IMG_4146.JPG

IMG_4148.JPG

• Like 4

Nice, very nice.

Very well done. Beautiful example. I’ve always had a soft spot for the LS, especially that model...

What colour is it?

One more question, what made you go to a private sale and not a dealer, was it that they didn’t have the model you wanted?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well to be honest I have had this car on my shopping list for about 2 years .. not even sure where I found out about it .. but it is a fabulous car although sadly I have since found the front passenger seat is a bit short on the comfort functions .. but my wife can always lounge in the back .. and yes a house on wheels .. certainly an office at least ..

The body colour is Sable .. with a dark Chocolate stitched Dash and door capping's married to the dark wood and beige /cream ? leather make a superb colour combination along with the unmarked suede lining and why didn't I buy from a dealer .. well I have noticed during the 2 years I've been looking that prices for the LS600 have actually gone skyward to the point where now 95/100k are silly money .. Steve on here bought a cracker with 8k on the clock which when I saw it chased immediately sadly he bagged it .. but I got this for 7k cheaper .. so I guess that's your reply .. i'm a chancer and always have been when it comes to cars .. it's actually not the first time I've bought from a pub car park but in this instance I still have the option of taking out a Lexus warranty ..

The real question is will I keep it .. wife dosn't like the LS but just loves our RX (in the background) .. I suspect once the Grin novelty has worn off .. like all my other cars it will be back on the market .. time will out .. but I just LOVE this car !!

• Like 1

Oddly..  I recently sold a Mercedes 6.3 AMG CLS .. it was a fantastic car and a hoot to drive .. but sorry Mercedes (owned 5) but even at 10 years old this LS600 is definitely way above your class not only in terms of reliability but the Service / Reception staff at Stockport are absolutely Brilliant as opposed to the Berks at Mercedes Stockport (it's a long story..)

34 minutes ago, graham8370 said:

The ''Grin novelty'' doesn't wear off. Have just sold mine after 4 years and even then, every day it was a pleasure to own and drive. 

Looks lovely, enjoy.  Graham.

Ive still the silly grin as well, and always look back at it after parking it up as i walk away, and proud as punch 

For sure a lovely looking home from home.  I would like a 600 one day, but it would be that or new roof on back of house, so if I get one it might ned up being my home:whistling:

On the sliding RX, if it snows at work my LS does a lovely sideways slide as soon as I stop as the car park has this slope.  Scared the cr*p out of me when it happened, but stop short of hitting two other cars already parked up.

I really likes those LS but the main problem with them you will enjoy them more from rear seats.They should sell them with a chauffeur :)

I would be just to jealous to drive it down to Europe for like 1000km while my wife/daughter would enjoy all the goodies at the back so hence I got GS.

Best you get a roof first methinks !! :yes: but the sideways thingy .. well all I did was get in and select Hybrid Snow mode released the parking brake and bosh .. away it went .. took my foot off the foot brake immediately and steered into the slide .. it only traveled some 3m in less than half a second .. demolished a huge brick Gatepost .. the back slid around (possibly the weight of the Battery Pack ? )  into my daughters car door and put a huge dent in that and virtually wiped out the front right of the RX .. just been to Dronsfields this morning to check on a replacement door for her Merc but life isn't that simple anymore .. my thinking was easy peasy just unplug the electrics where the door opens at the hinge side and change the whole door .. naaah .. no darn plug is there so the whole door would need rewiring .. think it's going to be a big tub of body filler  :wallbash:

IMG_4157.JPG