Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just hate pushy sellers

So two days ago I contacted a non Lexus dealer via Autotrader to arrange a viewing and test drive of an IS250 se-l auto. Sent details and asked to contact via email only. Next morning a phone call to arrange an appointment from head office. Ok I thought just a call.

Today I had five phone calls from the dealer and one answerphone message he was very pushy asking if I wanted the car next week even before I had tested or seen it .

Upshot is I cancelled my road test and visit.

I then received an email apologising for the pressurisation but it was in my interest to see the video of the car which they attached to the email  needless to say they will never get the sale now.

All I wanted was to view , test and then negotiate. I had my appointment but no they had to bug me.

Was it too much to ask ?

Totally agree very unprofessional, sort of tells you what there after sales service would of been like if needed.

They are probably a bit desperate as car sales are not strong at the moment.

I don't like all the palava with car sales suppose I am a bit strict but I would rather walk in try car like it buy it or walk in try it not like and say no don't need the added hassle. But thats just me.

When I bought my bike researched went to see tried and yes I will have it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Pushy sales does work, it must do as people keep doing it. When buying cars in the past if someones being too pushy I will usually walk away, just leave and say thank you. Most of the time as I usually have done my homework I will know more about the car than the sales people in the dealership. 

The one thing that is starting to annoy me, and even some Lexus dealers are doing it is the purchase fee / admin fee they are putting onto used cars. Include it in the price!

How much is the admin fee?

Top much competition and people tending to buy online forces them admin fee. Most people outright reject to buy something dear than other just because of price and without even looking at it in person. As adjustment is made due to shopping trend I think. Plus while people think they make 1000s in profit... it is usually on 100s. One Merc dealer disclosed to me that on C class they make only 150 pounds.... 150...