Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Isf value doesn't make any sense

So as some of you know i'm looking to go a different route from the Isf while my license is still fully intact.

Anyway i've just had a confirmed offer of just over 1100 quid more than the most expensive isf on autotrader and it doesnt make sense. This is a straight purchase with a dealership not a trade in. Oh and its not Lexus because what they offered insulted me so much i'm questioning whether to even bother going back with the wifes Ct for a service let alone ever buy a car from them again. 

Still feels abit wrong selling it but the landcruiser will be something else and much different

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@mike mCar trade funny old business always has been always will....... now us builders much simpler trade to deal with and in my case emphasis on the word simple :whistling:

As regards the isF got a cracking price for mine some weeks ago at a Lexus  dealership, and if I may be so bold so did @Warrington guy Dave at a non franchise dealership at about the same time so many factors come into play....... and you know what the best one from the sellers perspective is if you don't like what you hear you simply walk away.......

Big Rat

@Big Rat Cheers mate. I've certainly laughed at a few places but this offer is more than i could get private going with the current prices.  I was kinda hoping it would be crap lol. Nevermind. If the landcruiser itch doesnt work out those LC500's might be a decent price by then. (or civic type R if i want real speed hahaha :whistling:)

Hope i'll still be welcome around here with an LC lol :smile:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mike m said:

So as some of you know i'm looking to go a different route from the Isf while my license is still fully intact.

Anyway i've just had a confirmed offer of just over 1100 quid more than the most expensive isf on autotrader and it doesnt make sense. This is a straight purchase with a dealership not a trade in. Oh and its not Lexus because what they offered insulted me so much i'm questioning whether to even bother going back with the wifes Ct for a service let alone ever buy a car from them again. 

Still feels abit wrong selling it but the landcruiser will be something else and much different

They might want to keep it as a private car, you never know. 

But more likely, they're a bit dumb.....

• Like 1

@mike m I understand if you can't say but there is a dealer of prestige motors not that far from you and one of the guys who has some involvement with the dealership is on his on his 2nd or 3rd isF, I don't believe he's on here but if you go on YouTube he goes by the name of ' nevertolateinav8' loads of footage on road and track both here and abroad in his is'Fs.

Just wondering...........

Woukd you be welcome back in an LC no probs as far as I'm concerned, after all not like it's a Volvo is it :whistling:

Big Rat

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@mike m I understand if you can't say but there is a dealer of prestige motors not that far from you and one of the guys who has some involvement with the dealership is on his on his 2nd or 3rd isF, I don't believe he's on here but if you go on YouTube he goes by the name of ' nevertolateinav8' loads of footage on road and track both here and abroad in his is'Fs.

Just wondering...........

Woukd you be welcome back in an LC no probs as far as I'm concerned, after all not like it's a Volvo is it :whistling:

Big Rat

I don't have a jumper with Elbow pads to allow me to drive a volvo :w00t:

Probably not him mate, this is just a run of the mill dealership. Once the cars away i'll let more info out. You'd be surprised i think.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mike m said:

@mike m.......I like u we’re thinking of a change, had mine capped by a dealer and was pleasantly surprised, I did enquire on a PX somewhere else and the price was £3k less.......like u I was AND am confused, but using daily has made me think twice AGAIN......I’ve had mine 3years now and like yourself was looking at the 4x4 Route,.......but I’m still not ready.....I don’t think 😬😬

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Womble72 said:

@mike m.......I like u we’re thinking of a change, had mine capped by a dealer and was pleasantly surprised, I did enquire on a PX somewhere else and the price was £3k less.......like u I was AND am confused, but using daily has made me think twice AGAIN......I’ve had mine 3years now and like yourself was looking at the 4x4 Route,.......but I’m still not ready.....I don’t think 😬😬

It is a difficult decision but I think going down a completely different route is helping. This 4x4 is going to be an adventure as I need to source one, ship it, iva it then UK register it before flying down to Southampton to drive it home. This is without ever driving a 70 series because they are so rare lol. Then I can start with the ARB accessories , lift kits etc even fancying a roof tent for the odd couple of days camping here and there.

So yeah the ISF is stunning to drive but I'm looking forward to getting my Tonka toy haha. If it were just to get another car I wouldn't even dream of selling the ISF.

• Like 2

Well thats the ISF away as of yesterday with a big empty space in the garage for me and the Yaris for now lol.

Keep your eyes peeled for another blue one coming up for sale somewhere. It went to a Merc dealership in Dundee. I suspect it might have a silly price tag attached or they already have a buyer for it. I'm more than happy with the money I got back from the car after two years though.

Anyways it's been good fun watching the Jap auctions the last few days and quite interesting comparing the prices to what some garages are asking for here. Particularly fj cruisers, I reckon one place is trying to make 10k on them and that's taking into account shipping, import duty , VAT , conversion and registration.

Having owned Japanese imports before I just bought them on condition at the time but now I'm having my eyes opened. If anyone else is considering an import ask to see the auction sheet. It will show you condition, price, mileage which is the easy bit to understand but it also gives details on the spec , No of owners etc. If it doesnt have one then you can do your own background checks if you have a chassis number through JOC and they check the Japanese history.

Theres actually a white 2016 GSF going through just now with 16000 km starting at 6780000 Yen or £45400 seems quite expensive.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links