Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus option customisation service

Is there anyone not too far from Morden who could adjust some customisation options for me for a reasonable fee?  Not having much luck with the fleabay vendors of techstream.

Specifically I want to:

- disable driveaway locking
- disable beeps on lock/unlock (which I'm pretty sure is illegal in the uk anyway, not sure why that wasn't done when the car was imported)
- disable the beeping on reverse if possible

The car is a 2006 Lexus RX-300 but is actually a harrier, engine code 2AZ-FE model CBA-ACU30W-AWPGK.  I could go to a garage but they'll charge an hour's labour for 5mins of clicking.

Remember that even with Techstream, these parameters may not be adjustable (may be illegal to not have these things in the Japanese market). Not everything is adjustable, although I do think that auto-locking probably will be, even if the others aren't.

Beeps on lock/unlock are not illegal - many cars do this.

Have you tried looking on Youtube? There are loads of videos on how to use Techstream, at least on a general level, but I don't know if any will cover your specific needs.

How to use it isn't the problem - when I go to customisation and try to select any of the modules it just doesn't do anything. I've returned it to the seller now, might try another seller I guess.

6 hours ago, sorcerer said:

This is the one I bought and I know it works because I've used it a few times.

What year models did you use it with?  One guy on eBay told me my car is too old for customisations using techstream but i’m not sure I buy it. Why would the modules appear under customisation if it wasn’t possible to do something?

49 minutes ago, m4rkw said:

What year models did you use it with?  One guy on ebay told me my car is too old for customisations using techstream but i’m not sure I buy it. Why would the modules appear under customisation if it wasn’t possible to do something?

My RX300 was a 2005 model (05-plate) so no, yours is definitely not too old and he's just talking cobblers. I could adjust timings of interior lights, sensitivity of rain sensor, bleep when opening/closing tailgate and other stuff like that. The car didn't autolock, didn't beep when locking/unlocking and didn't beep when in reverse - but now that I think about it, I don't remember seeing a customisation menu for any of those three parameters, but it has been a while so I may be wrong.

I've not tried it yet on my RX450h as we've only had the car about six weeks and we've just been so busy, but I'm confident that it should work perfectly well.

Your problem could be something to do with the drivers for the miniVCI cable; I remember it took quite a bit of messing to get it to work properly, but I was trying to get it on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I managed it in the end and it now works well, but most people say that an old laptop running Windows XP is the easiest to setup.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got a working techstream cable and disabled that annoying driveaway locking!  Also managed to turn off the lock/unlock beeps but then decided I actually prefer them :D

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, m4rkw said:

Finally got a working techstream cable and disabled that annoying driveaway locking!  Also managed to turn off the lock/unlock beeps but then decided I actually prefer them :D

Just out of interest, why don't you like the autolock feature? Our 450h locks automatically when road speed is about 15mph but before we got a car that did that, I would always fire up the engine, lock the doors and then drive off. Maybe I'm paranoid but these days, I just don't feel it's safe to be driving around in an unlocked car.

It’s annoying having to unlock the doors when you stop, i always forget. Also my car isn’t worth enough to worry too much about carjackers, if i drive through central london i always lock the doors but anywhere else.. meh.  I did notice there was an option to have the doors unlock when you select park but i’d rather it just left them alone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m4rkw said:

It’s annoying having to unlock the doors when you stop, i always forget

Presumably this is when you stop to pick up a passenger?

Otherwise the doors simply unlock as soon as one tries to open them from inside

Usually it’s when i stop and go to get the shopping or my dog out of the back. I pull the handle every time before realising it’s locked. or used to anyway it’s fixed now :)

Must have been different system back then, on my 2016 RC if I open the driver's door from the inside it unlocks the passenger door also. Although it can e configured to only unlock the driver's door.

Can't remember my RX300 even auto-locking itself to be honest.

Luckily on the newer cars, you can stop and just put it to park and it'll open the doors if its set like that through the central screen

I think on my 2009 GS I can program it to unlock a choice of doors when placed into park i.e. front only which is useful to prevent children jumping out immediately when stopping or just drivers or all four.

The options available to customers are detailed in the owners handbook, which if you do not have a hard copy can be accessed though the Lexus website if I recall.

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 9:29 AM, ChrisM said:

The options available to customers are detailed in the owners handbook, which if you do not have a hard copy can be accessed though the Lexus website if I recall.

They are available on the website using the MyLexus account using the VIN