Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alloy Referbishers

smudger

Hi,

All my wheels are quite badly curbed (They were like that when I bought my IS200) and now I've had enough of them. Their spoiling the look of the car... :angry:

Anyhow... does anybody know of any good alloy wheel refurbishers in the East Midlands and how much it is likely to cost per wheel..?

Im going to have to do it slow time i.e. one wheel at a time as I use the car everyday, so its out with the spare...!

Cheers

Smudge

Didn't realise you were in the East Midlands - we should meet up sometime (a few of us get together regularly in Notts/Leics/Derby)...

Anyway - Pristine are good in Milton Keynes...

There is a chips away in Leicester city centre (have a look on google)...

And there are a couplein Notts - but again, check on Google...

How bad is bad?

Hi Smudge, Welcome to the club. B)

The problem I found when I wanted to get all my wheels refurbshed was that I didn't trust anyone to do as good a job as Pristine wheels do in Milton Keynes. I like to go with companies who have been recommended to me and I was finding it hard to find one in Nottingham. I spoke to a few in Nottingham and they told me that they couldn't refurbish them as I wanted them to. The quotes were around £50 a wheel.

I'm positive there will be someone out in Nottingham you could use, I just couldn't find them at the time.

I contacted Prinstine and they were quoting around £70 a wheel, but they wanted them all in together, but I couldn't go without not having a car for 2/3 days whilst they worked on the wheels.

I'm not sure if they do Part/Ex, it's worth a try. They'll take your old scuffed wheels and replace them with newly refurbished ones straight away.

A mate with a BM said that he phoned B and K Thomas (merc dealer) on Loughborough Road and asked them who they sent their wheels to for refurbishing. He was pleased with work this company had done. Sorry, I don't have these details with me.

If I remember correctly, Yellow Pages has a few places listed. Let us know how you get on.

Ifraz

All my wheels are quite badly curbed (They were like that when I bought my IS200) and now I've had enough of them. Their spoiling the look of the car... :angry:

Anyhow... does anybody know of any good alloy wheel refurbishers in the East Midlands and how much it is likely to cost per wheel..?

How old is your car ? May be able to get it done under warranty ..

Otherwise, yes go with Pristine if you can. That's who Lexus use.

Unfortunatly my car is 4 years old and i bought it 2nd hand so I don't think that the warranty is still standing.. :(

Oh well, Ill have a look in the yellow pages in the Nottingham, and if no luck there then its looks like I'll be contacting Pristine..

Many thanks... :)

Zee,

They are quite badly curbed, and they have started to corrode. I knew this when I purshased the car, so I got a better deal. I just need to clean/replace them. I would prefer to clean them as I think they look quite smart.... ;)

Yeah I live in Nottingham and work in Leicester (Ansty) so I drive quite a lot in the area, I might have even passed a few members without realising it.....

smudge

Zee,

They are quite badly curbed, and they have started to corrode. I knew this when I purshased the car, so I got a better deal. I just need to clean/replace them. I would prefer to clean them as I think they look quite smart.... ;)

Yeah I live in Nottingham and work in Leicester (Ansty) so I drive quite a lot in the area, I might have even passed a few members without realising it.....

smudge

Prisitine would be your best bet then...

I live in Leicester and work in Nottingham, so do a daily commute. What route do you take? A606 onto the A46? If so, you probably pass me every day! :D