Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shouldn't there be a sticky thread where we can get part numbers?

Called Lexus and they are not giving me part number for Lexus Airfilter for is250 2009. Anyone has it?

I need it as Lexus is too far and local toyota need part number.

jack take a look on eBay

You should be able to find the air filter for £10-16 inc del

Cabin filter can be anywhere from £7 to 12 inc del

I got a charcoal impregnated cabin filter last time and very good it is too.

16 hours ago, jackcramerr said:

Someone here was kind enough to send me a link for rear brake caliper lower rubber boot/ cover... and I cannot find that thread anymore.

For 2009 is250

Do you mean something like this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS250-2005-2015-Rear-brake-caliper-guide-pin-slider-pin-kit-S7109QB/332524852053?_trkparms=pageci%3A688c1ed1-2c27-11e8-b7c6-74dbd180c449|parentrq%3A42e6bbbc1620aa19f51c85effff54986|iid%3A1&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236

Wish that had been available last year .. would have made locating one pin a doddle.

10 hours ago, normski2 said:

How does one unscrew lower pin.... wisegrips? That probably won't work...

12 hours ago, jackcramerr said:

How does one unscrew lower pin.... wisegrips? That probably won't work...

@jackcramerr I <think> that while the upper pin has a hexagonal outer end the lower pin has a hexagonal recess (for an Allen key) in the inboard end..... I took my new caliper apart to grease it well before fitting it (in January) but I have to admit to not looking that closely.

Andrew

4 hours ago, C Andrew Green said:

@jackcramerr I <think> that while the upper pin has a hexagonal outer end the lower pin has a hexagonal recess (for an Allen key) in the inboard end..... I took my new caliper apart to grease it well before fitting it (in January) but I have to admit to not looking that closely.

Andrew

+1 to that. This pic gives you an idea of it

Image result for lexus is250 rear slide pin

Give it a good squirt of WD40 or Plus Gas and let it soak in a bit. I was pleasantly surprised to find it came undone quite easily. You can always use an Allen key one side and add some assistance of Mole Grips or Stillson's Wrench on the other (that is assuming you are replacing the pin...if not go easy with Stillson's or put a bit of protection over the jaws, but you can always wet and dry the surface of the pin if needed).

• Thanks 1