Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth calls too quiet

New to this very helpful forum having picked up my 67 plate NX300H Luxury a month and very happy so far - first ever Lexus moving from predictable German brands. Only real annoying niggle is that when on a Bluetooth call, it is very quiet even at maximum volume setting. I had no such problems with same Iphone in Merc and Audi. Radio and Sat nav etc all fine, it’s just the Bluetooth calls that are too quiet. Any advice on how/if I can adjust..... or is it a Lexus flaw?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Maximum volume on the car's audio system, maximum volume on the Iphone, or both? The Iphone has a volume control on its Bluetooth connection, which can accidentally get reduced - you should set it to maximum. Make a connection and press the volume up button on the Iphone repeatedly until at max.

Hi,

My wife had the same problem with her NX.It was fine when we picked it up then a few months later call volume very low and not great quality. Amending the volume via the car or the Iphone helped a bit.

It turned out to be the phone and once we downloaded and applied an OS upgrade everything went back to normal. It was an iPhone7 and I vaguely remember something about a general Bluetooth fix. 

Cheers

Tremly.

Hi,
My wife had the same problem with her NX.It was fine when we picked it up then a few months later call volume very low and not great quality. Amending the volume via the car or the iphone helped a bit.
It turned out to be the phone and once we downloaded and applied an OS upgrade everything went back to normal. It was an iPhone7 and I vaguely remember something about a general bluetooth fix. 
Cheers
Tremly.

Thanks for the responses. It was as described absolutely fine at the dealers so guess it’s something odd with the Iphone. Did hard reset on phone and then pumped up phone volume to max during the call and hey presto. Thanks for the advice, let’s hope it remembers it when I’m commuting in the morning.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk