Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heavens forbid that I have to change something else, but if the front Springs needed changing then these don't look too bad a purchase.  Expect to pay the same again in duty and Shipping.  I bought my Alternator from them and it was speedy delivery.  Not sure if US Cars are different for front Shocks? 

https://www.buyautoparts.com/buynow/1993/Lexus/LS400/Shock_and_Strut_Set/75-85186_D2?crid=2758446

3 hours ago, cornershop said:

Ebay/PayPal case opened

If you paid paypal (or anyone else) with a debit card your bank will do an indemnity refund with immediate effect

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I find it slightly amusing that they come with an unlimited lifetime warranty .....  and they also offer an extended warranty from that :wink3:   do they know something we don't about the longevity of the Ls400 :yahoo: 

Malc

• Haha 1

So car returned and have done 150 motorway miles today. 

The ride quality feels the same, it’s very very slightly firmer but something i’d expect given any new shocks fitted and compared with 20yr old shocks. I would expect the same from new Lexus shocks being fitted.

The ride height has increased, much to my dismay!  I can now get 4 vertical fingers between arch and tyre,

Still, I’d rather go with decent ride quality than aesthetics, so happy for this trade off, especially as the springs came free with the car.

i’ll report back after a few more miles, but they feel fine and the springs felt good around some local roundabouts taken at speed.

Brake pedal feel is also much improved after new discs and pad, removing the previous slight amount of play before they took effect. 

Happy bunny so far.

4 hours ago, dendonc said:

Nothing wrong with the way that looks, maybe it looked like that when new! are the shocks & springs the ones you linked about 5 posts up?

Correct Denis, kyb shocks and Kilen springs.

i think the front is too high but as you say that could be factory ride height.

• 5 months later...

A quick update on this.

Kilen springs and KYB shocks working really well, zero issues to date, circa 1600 miles covered. I still think the front looks a bit high, but overall it rides really well and I can hardly tell the difference between this and the old factory setup.

I plan to get the alignment rechecked as I  prefer a little more camber in the front, again purely for aesthetics.  Rides and steers really well, no regrets.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links