Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turbo

Katielou

Hello, 

i have just brought a is220d on a 57 plate its got 155k on the clock it’s got full services history and other paperwork after I got home and started going through the paperwork I found something that has worried me and now makes me think I am going to be throwing money at it 

on a service last year there is a warning of checking the water levels cos the radiator has anti-freeze stain and the other warning turbo propeller got play and soot round the turbo.

my partner has looked round the turbo and can’t see soot,

whats is people opinion on this?? I am going to try and look for a honest garage to give this the once over and check the turbo 

i have attached a photo on the sheet that has this on 

I will appreciate any info on this 

thanks

katie 

Hi Katie

Welcome to the LOC

I have to agree it doesn't look good. Did you purchase through a dealer or a private sale?

I'd agree get the car looked over by someone competent before going any further. 

Mostly we love our cars and would recommend them to anyone, but the IS220d however, is the black sheep of the family and if you had asked before buying then most people would have warned you off this model. 

We do have some happy IS220d owners on the forum but you do need to bought have a car where it has been regularly serviced and used regularly on decent motorway runs not twice weekly outings to the local supermarket. So out of interest, what sort of annual mileage would you be doing?

Good luck and I hope you get sorted without too much cost.

Hi,

its had a service once a year 

it was brought private I thought I got a bargain at £1450 

I will be doing about 12000 Miles a year

i will be doing a few trips down the motorway 6 junction to work and back 

it’s going in for a service and a check over on Monday 

the car drives sound the engine is so quite and it pulls there no lag on it 

my mate did say they was problematic 🙈 

thanks 

Katie