Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Weird Beeping Help!

Recently, after a 4 hour journey, as I pulled up to a stop the RX started beeping at me loudly. The beeping is coming from the passenger dash area (UK car). This continued until you turned the ignition off. Ignition back on the beeping resumes. The car was in park and not moving. I disconnected the seats, tried the seatbelts warning disable but still the same. I couldn't find anything wrong so decided to see if the car would move, as I reversed the beeping stopped, so I drove forward and the beeping started... Ah! must be the front parking sensors - though in 3 years I have never heard them.

But then whilst driving on the return journey the car started beeping again intermittently, it was happening really regularly and properly irritating. As I thought it was the front sensors I figured it might be road spray off cars in front, but then I read the front sensors disable at 10kph + so it cannot be that..

I have put a OBD code reader on and there are no errors. Has anyone experienced this before, any ideas what it might be?

The car is a 2007 RX400h. I would have believed front sensors if I hadn't read they get disabled at speed. The car was beeping at 80+mph on the motorway..

Anyone know how to disconnect the front sensors? I actually thought they were disconnected as in 3 years of owning the car I have never once heard them beep, and I park in some real tight spaces..