Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus RX300 Mk2.  I cannot disable the alarm using the key fob.  I have tried 3 separate key fobs, and just to make sure, replaced the Battery in one of them.

There is no sound from the car (usually a click like a relay operating) when I press the key fob, also the car sidelights do not flash.

I can unlock the car and start the engine with the key but the alarm starts and does not stop sounding.  If I stop the engine and close/lock the door the alarm times out after

the usual sounding period.  We have had a snow fall, although snow has never caused any problems before with the vehicle.  The alarm system was set, as normal, 2 days ago.

Any ideas anyone??

Barrie

:wallbash:

Had a problem with car's remote locking/alarm once that turned out to be a button stuck down on the house alarm remote control. This caused it to continuously transmit which in turn interfered with both our cars parked on the drive.

Just a thought!

JBP

Hi Barrie

Does it do it only when parked in certain places as it could be someone else's interference? Ours only did it when parked on our drive - behaved itself everywhere else!

JBP

Thanks John,

I have owned the car for 7 years and it has never happened before.  I will probably try to see if I can drive the car, albeit with the alarm sounding.

I need to get the vehicle to the garage that undertakes my servicing, either by driving it or arranging for a rescue service to pick it up.

Barrie

Found the problem.  Although I had just replaced the Battery in the main key fob the alarm system did not work.  Today I checked the Battery that I had replaced yesterday and found that the voltage had reduced from 3.2 volts to 2.85 volts, obviously a duff Battery, although in its original blister pack.

The other 2 key fobs were also powered from the same set of batteries.

Replaced the three key fobs with new batteries bought today....all OK

Relief!!

Barrie

• Like 1

When changing any of these type of batteries, you must be careful not to touch them so that you short it out, as this reduces the power of the Battery,

Use a pair of plastic tweezers or a pair of vinyl gloves to prevent that from happening.   

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links