Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reversing sensor buzzer.

I have just noticed a problem that has only just appeared. The reversing buzzer isn't working for some reason. Does anyone happen to know whether it may have inadvertently been turned off, and if so how do I turn it back on ? I had a look at the handbook and it appears to say that the buzzer can be turned off, but it doesn't explain [a] how to turn it off, or if it is off, how to turn it back on.

The handbook shows the buzzer with an "X" through it, under the Lexus parking sensor section, but this is different from the display in my IS 300h. When I put the gear shift into reverse the display shows two small windows at the bottom of the display. On the left is the setting for the area's to be monitored and on the right is the setting for parking distances [I think, as it is not explained very well in the handbook, in fact the display shown is not like the car at all !!].

I looked at the main display under a setting to show that the buzzer volume option is set to "5" [maximum], and the line where you want the buzzer to start, the red line or the green line. These options are all correct, or "on as necessary, so is there another section under the main display settings where the buzzer is actually set to be "on" or "off" ?

Parkman.

3 minutes ago, parkman said:

I have just noticed a problem that has only just appeared. The reversing buzzer isn't working for some reason. Does anyone happen to know whether it may have inadvertently been turned off, and if so how do I turn it back on ? I had a look at the handbook and it appears to say that the buzzer can be turned off, but it doesn't explain [a] how to turn it off, or if it is off, how to turn it back on.

The handbook shows the buzzer with an "X" through it, under the Lexus parking sensor section, but this is different from the display in my IS 300h. When I put the gear shift into reverse the display shows two small windows at the bottom of the display. On the left is the setting for the area's to be monitored and on the right is the setting for parking distances [I think, as it is not explained very well in the handbook, in fact the display shown is not like the car at all !!].

I looked at the main display under a setting to show that the buzzer volume option is set to "5" [maximum], and the line where you want the buzzer to start, the red line or the green line. These options are all correct, or "on as necessary, so is there another section under the main display settings where the buzzer is actually set to be "on" or "off" ?

Parkman.

Button to the right of the steering wheel where the ASC control is. You can manually turn the parking sensors on and off using this.

Instrument cluster will permanently show a P with lines coming out of it if its turned on. 

Hi Rayaans, The button that I needed was the park assist button, as you say beside the ASC button.

image.png.a8f6bd1fb6450901d75033918d7b750c.png

When this is on the same icon is shown on the speedometer, above the seatbelt icon.

I must have knocked it off getting into the car after the snow, without noticing. I will now be aware of it !!!

Parkman.

22 hours ago, parkman said:

Hi Rayaans, The button that I needed was the park assist button, as you say beside the ASC button.

image.png.a8f6bd1fb6450901d75033918d7b750c.png

When this is on the same icon is shown on the speedometer, above the seatbelt icon.

I must have knocked it off getting into the car after the snow, without noticing. I will now be aware of it !!!

Parkman.

Yep thats the one - glad its sorted! 

• Like 1

I think that with long legs I must have knocked the switch. I think that that is the only issue I have with the IS, it is quite low for people with long legs.

Anyway, I am now beeping to my hearts content !!!!

Parkman.