Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Travelling into work this morning I nearly side swiped a car but it was weird the way it happened.

I was on the roundabout first and a car decided to enter it anyway from a stationary position - I was taking the 3rd exit off the roundabout and he was taking the second exit for him on the roundabout. It ended up that he could not take his exit as he would have went into the front of my car ( I would have hit him dead centre between his drivers door and passenger door. He stopped to what I thought he was letting me take my exit but then he started again and took the first exit off the round about - still following me ???

Something felt odd about this so tonight I thought I would check the car details - the picture is below - I have dash cam footage but its too big a file to upload - I have checked the car details below and its come up with the following:

Firstly - The car is a RED Vauxhall CAVALIER ? First registered in 1986 ?

Secondly - The car is not MOT'd and the tax ran out in 1997 ?

I have found these details on the DVLA sites - is there any way this can happen or is the car on dodgy plates?

Picture below from dashcam footage

5ab01abfb1597_Suspiciouscar.thumb.jpg.ac039bef7903a6ec0c56b0f6c16f0802.jpg

Travelling into work this morning I nearly side swiped a car but it was weird the way it happened.
I was on the roundabout first and a car decided to enter it anyway from a stationary position - I was taking the 3rd exit off the roundabout and he was taking the second exit for him on the roundabout. It ended up that he could not take his exit as he would have went into the front of my car ( I would have hit him dead centre between his drivers door and passenger door. He stopped to what I thought he was letting me take my exit but then he started again and took the first exit off the round about - still following me ???
Something felt odd about this so tonight I thought I would check the car details - the picture is below - I have dash cam footage but its too big a file to upload - I have checked the car details below and its come up with the following:
Firstly - The car is a RED Vauxhall CAVALIER ? First registered in 1986 ?
Secondly - The car is not MOT'd and the tax ran out in 1997 ?
I have found these details on the DVLA sites - is there any way this can happen or is the car on dodgy plates?
Picture below from dashcam footage
5ab01abfb1597_Suspiciouscar.thumb.jpg.ac039bef7903a6ec0c56b0f6c16f0802.jpg

DG65 OHE

Honest guv - I never noticed!

Sent from my PSP7551DUO using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, johnatg said:

DG65 OHE

Honest guv - I never noticed!

I was just about to reply - my wife spotted it - yes it is DG65 - have looked again at the footage but theres no way the (what looks like a 6) is a G.

I was just about to reply - my wife spotted it - yes it is DG65 - have looked again at the footage but theres no way the (what looks like a 6) is a G.
It may well fool speed cameras etc (or their ticketing systems) which are largely automated these days.

38 minutes ago, johnatg said:

It may well fool speed cameras etc (or their ticketing systems) which are largely automated these days.

That's exactly why it's been done...if he/she does get stopped by the police then they just claim ignorance saying the shop that made up the plate got it wrong and that they ahd never noticed.  Any pics of the front number plate?

Yes that is almost certainly deliberate to fool ANPR, I guess mostly works and because it is in funny place, neither yellow nor black screw would work. Coincidence, I don't think so - this is just support my view that we need more real police on the streets, not behind the cameras.

15 hours ago, is200 Newbie said:

DG65 OHE is on askmid.com as insured and is a Vauxhall Insignia, which is what that car in your photo is. Checking the MOT history, DG65 OHE is a Black Vauxhall Insignia - am I missing something here?

It is a “G”, it’s the poor quality of the still, even worse when enlarged. You can see the gap in the “G”.

All you conspiracy theorists can take off your tin foil hats now, nothing else to see here.

I always find the simplest explanations are the best.

The human brain, the only organ than can jump..........to the wrong conclusions. :rolleyes:

This is how close I ended up to hitting the car side on

1a1.thumb.jpg.ece5d9b2bce2fc5870032929469a1236.jpg

I don't reckon there was much in it - after having a recent accident and losing the last car then yes, you do get a bit wary of other drivers doing this. The image of the dash cam is quite good actually if using the video - the earlier one was a screen dump through Microsoft paint

That driver looks well dodgy! Or am I just being stereotypical? Sure does look like a bad dude straight out of a Tarantino flick.

paul m

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links