Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

is 250 rattle on start up GONE

hondansxr

sorry if this has been discused at lenth but my wifes 250 57 reg rattled when 1st started when we purchased it with 101k . i changed the oil and filter to no avail then put some wynns top end treatment and some zx1 extra lube its now 5 months later and no ratle on start hot or cold . hope this helps someone else . cheers :wink3:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Question? Apparently this initial very short rattle is due to lack of oil in the very upper areas of the valve train and as soon as oil is supplied it subsides, this lack of oil is due to drain down due to gravity and so I ask do you park you 250 on any sort of incline to exacerbate this?

The reason I ask is that I have to park on an incline and have parked both ways around and have only had this rattle once or twice, but can't remember which way the car was and how long it had not been used for!

In the US there was a technical bulletin for a fix offered for this rattle but some who had it 'fixed' reported it came back after a while!

Paul m.