Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Swindon did some very good work on the air conditioning system for me recently  (fitted new pipes to the back, the old ones having corroded.)  They needed to access the underside by lifting the rear offside seat base, but in refitting it they have trapped the seat belt buckle out of reach - I can just feel it but can't bring it up.  Short of my driving to Swindon (40 miles) can someone tell me how to lift the rear seat.

Fairly easy job to remove the seat and put it back again.. plus you only need to remove the bench to fish the seatbelt out, not the back of the seat.

It'll need to be done, as it won't pass an MOT if it's not accessible

I can't find the link just now, but if you search youtube/google and probably this site for LS430 sub-woofer replacement it explains how to remove the rear bench seat as part of the process of removing/fixing the speaker - something I need to do soon as I have all the replacement speaker foam/glue to hand.

A really professional explanation for LS430 owners.  Well done. My Sub doesn't work but I think I'll leave it.

With my LS400 I found Seat removal quite a strain, and putting it back has been a backbreaking exercise which I fear I've failed at.

Mounting the rear seat on the four pegs (not screw in bolts) looks a doddle until you try it.  Both side clips go over the pegs with a lot of effort but getting it on to the middle two pegs I think has beaten me. Bit of a gap at parcel shelf centre. I tried replacing the Cushion yesterday, but it also doesn't wan't to go back far enough to drop into the two slots.  Given up for now as I can see my Sciatica coming on big time.  Am I alone in this experience with the Mk2  rear seat?

Thanks to all who responded - job done.  Easier than I thought it would be, but I always hesitate to apply a lot of muscle until I'm confident I'm doing the right thing.

Anthony