Recommended Posts

I'm no titch but how do most of you who clean their NX themselves, wash and polish the roof? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I bought something like this.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Draper-Plastic-Two-Step-Stool-for-Kitchen-Bathroom-Workshop-Office-Garage-Stora/292400211970?epid=1149191568&hash=item4414692802:m:mhnAVRpjuluVqn6dIIAO2qQ

I keep it in the garage and it works a treat.  Stepladders are cumbersome and pose a threat to the paintwork.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

I bought something like this.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Draper-Plastic-Two-Step-Stool-for-Kitchen-Bathroom-Workshop-Office-Garage-Stora/292400211970?epid=1149191568&hash=item4414692802:m:mhnAVRpjuluVqn6dIIAO2qQ

I keep it in the garage and it works a treat.  Stepladders are cumbersome and pose a threat to the paintwork.

Just added that step stool to my watch list, do like the idea of the little i guess lightweight step. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Use an old chair. Good for sitting on when polishing sides too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, rayaans said:

Use an old chair. Good for sitting on when polishing sides too

I wish I could just sit in the chair and watch her indoors polish the car,

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use step-ladders, have done for years. I'm not very steady on my feet so need the stability. I'm very careful around the paintwork though...

I'm having my NX professionally sorted by Summit detailing on Good Friday. That will get it into a good post-Winter position for me to maintain through the year. Worth having done once a year imho.

https://summit-detailing.co.uk/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use a lambswool mitten stuck onto a long handled brush. It works a treat. I have a panoramic roof so no need to polish. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

I use step-ladders, have done for years. I'm not very steady on my feet so need the stability. I'm very careful around the paintwork though...

I'm having my NX professionally sorted by Summit detailing on Good Friday. That will get it into a good post-Winter position for me to maintain through the year. Worth having done once a year imho.

https://summit-detailing.co.uk/

Which treatment option are going for Ed?

I would like to try it out one day. 

How long do they keep the car in for? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plastic beer crate just the right height and a lot more sturdy that the plastic steps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, as13 said:

Which treatment option are going for Ed?

I would like to try it out one day. 

How long do they keep the car in for? 

I prefer to just do it myself - don't use ceramics personally though - used it once and realized that I was waxing/putting sealant on top anyway so wasn't worth it.

Haven't had chance to do it on the RX yet due to weather and other commitments but its been protected with spray sealants every wash. 

Should get the time to do it this summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, as13 said:

Which treatment option are going for Ed?

I would like to try it out one day. 

How long do they keep the car in for? 

I’m just having the ‘protection detail’ to sort it out after the Winter. Living down here in a remote setting my car has got dirtier than any I’ve ever owned, so I decided to get it professionally sorted. It only takes one day.

At the same time we will discuss my 2004 MINI as although I’ve owned it from new and never used it during Winter (and only a couple of times in the rain!) there are a couple of areas that could do with correction. It has always been carefully cleaned by me, only using Swissvax products, so I’ll be seeing how good these guys are with the NX before deciding whether to let them loose on the MINI!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Heanorboy said:

Plastic beer crate just the right height and a lot more sturdy that the plastic steps

I like this idea, excuse the pun; I guess you get to polish of the beer afterwards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

I’m just having the ‘protection detail’ to sort it out after the Winter. Living down here in a remote setting my car has got dirtier than any I’ve ever owned, so I decided to get it professionally sorted. It only takes one day.

At the same time we will discuss my 2004 MINI as although I’ve owned it from new and never used it during Winter (and only a couple of times in the rain!) there are a couple of areas that could do with correction. It has always been carefully cleaned by me, only using Swissvax products, so I’ll be seeing how good these guys are with the NX before deciding whether to let them loose on the MINI!!

 

Thanks Ed for this info, would appreciate your thoughts after the 'protection detail'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/03/2018 at 5:47 PM, First_Lexus said:

I use step-ladders, have done for years. I'm not very steady on my feet so need the stability. I'm very careful around the paintwork though...

I'm having my NX professionally sorted by Summit detailing on Good Friday. That will get it into a good post-Winter position for me to maintain through the year. Worth having done once a year imho.

https://summit-detailing.co.uk/

 

On 21/03/2018 at 5:47 PM, First_Lexus said:

I use step-ladders, have done for years. I'm not very steady on my feet so need the stability. I'm very careful around the paintwork though...

I'm having my NX professionally sorted by Summit detailing on Good Friday. That will get it into a good post-Winter position for me to maintain through the year. Worth having done once a year imho.

https://summit-detailing.co.uk/

Ed, how did the detailed clean go?

Bet it's gleaming in today's sunshine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@as13

Didn't happen due to the weather over Easter. It's re-booked for Sunday..fingers crossed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/03/2018 at 10:24 AM, as13 said:

Thanks Ed for this info, would appreciate your thoughts after the 'protection detail'

@as13

I'd say the results speak for themselves! I thought I was pretty good at cleaning and looking after my cars, but Chris at Summit detailing has taken the level of shine to a different level - mainly using Gtechniq products.

Interestingly, the ceramic coat applied by the dealer from new (at no cost) had been done quite well in most places...but wasn't present at all on the lower bodywork. Evidently whoever applied it didn't want to bend down :biggrin:. Anyway, it is now fully de-contaminated and protected...:yahoo:...and my 14 year-old MINI Cooper is next, although that will be getting a more thorough 3 day treatment.

 

fullsizeoutput_34d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_35f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_360.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/04/2018 at 5:06 PM, First_Lexus said:

@as13

I'd say the results speak for themselves! I thought I was pretty good at cleaning and looking after my cars, but Chris at Summit detailing has taken the level of shine to a different level - mainly using Gtechniq products.

Interestingly, the ceramic coat applied by the dealer from new (at no cost) had been done quite well in most places...but wasn't present at all on the lower bodywork. Evidently whoever applied it didn't want to bend down :biggrin:. Anyway, it is now fully de-contaminated and protected...:yahoo:...and my 14 year-old MINI Cooper is next, although that will be getting a more thorough 3 day treatment.

 

fullsizeoutput_34d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_35f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_360.jpeg

Wow! showroom condition! I bet your really pleased, I sure would be? Lost for words on the quality of finish?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very impressed. I've been detailing for years, with good products, but seeing a pro get such results is a real pleasure. I picked up loads of tips too...:smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2018 at 6:22 PM, First_Lexus said:

I'm very impressed. I've been detailing for years, with good products, but seeing a pro get such results is a real pleasure. I picked up loads of tips too...:smile:

Nice job there Ed, very nice. Had the same results when I had a car done nearly two years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now