Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Few ISF's I am going to go and see this weekend

Hi

Agreed a settlement with the third party insurance so I am doing a bit of a tour of the country over the weekend and considering looking at the following cars as part of my travels. If anyone knows the history / been and tyre kicked them already any info would be appreciated.

1. Black 09 plate 53k

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201801152770099?logcode=visc&fromSA=true

2. Silver 09 plate 32k

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201712111983440?logcode=visc&fromSA=true

3. Black 11 plate 58k

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201803084365834?logcode=visc&fromSA=true

Thanks

Cheers

Due to poorly child last weekend and a few dealers not wanting to sell me cars, (we are sorry if you want a well looked after car this one isnt for you?!?!) my road trip has been postponed to tomorrow.

Might seem slightly bizarre but the other car I am considering is a jag XE S. A weekend of tyre kicking and a stop over in a second rate hotel is on the cards, my idea of heaven and the wifes idea of hell, but she insists she is involved.

1 hour ago, C.B said:

Cheers

Due to poorly child last weekend and a few dealers not wanting to sell me cars, (we are sorry if you want a well looked after car this one isnt for you?!?!) my road trip has been postponed to tomorrow.

Might seem slightly bizarre but the other car I am considering is a jag XE S. A weekend of tyre kicking and a stop over in a second rate hotel is on the cards, my idea of heaven and the wifes idea of hell, but she insists she is involved.

This will no doubt end badly, possibly with you buying a Dacia Duster 😉. Have you considered paying for your wife to  attend a spa? Failing that cash bribes, rather than input on a fast car and offering logic to man maths? 😉 🤣. All joking aside, good luck with your search... 👍 

The wife wont be an issue other than if you dont find testing driving lots of cars interesting (and she wont drive them, she has to build up to that slowly once I buy one) then its just a long tiring road trip of a weekend. She gave up long ago on convincing me not to 'waste money on cars'.

Being honest the silver one at hedge end looks a better deal, it has less mileage, is cheaper and neither are a face lift. I know the history can not be vouched for in the same way but money also talks and I want something I will lose as little money as possible on over the next 3 years.

Personally I would prefer a black one but will ultimately buy the one I think is the best car, I am not against silver.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2018 at 2:07 PM, C.B said:

Might seem slightly bizarre but the other car I am considering is a jag XE S. 

I tried the XE-S when it came out. I liked it a lot, but it was a definite step down from the IS-F. I still hoping that they will make  a V8 XE-R, now they have shown it fits in the Project 8 - though I think the mods needed might make it commercially unrealistic

Hi all.

Coming from 3 Jaguars to the Lexus but not owning a isf i would go for the is ever time more refined more comfortable than the Jaguar only my view.

65mike.

• Like 1

Cars were a little chalk and cheese, Jag very modern, rode beautifully even on 20" wheels with the adaptive suspension and the engine is the best sounding and responsive forced induction v6 on the market imo. Then there's the ISF, well that's the car that will be sitting in my drive in a weeks time 😁 felt about 10 times more special.

Bought the silver 09 plate 32k miles with 3 years of Lexus warranty.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, C.B said:

Cars were a little chalk and cheese, Jag very modern, rode beautifully even on 20" wheels with the adaptive suspension and the engine is the best sounding and responsive forced induction v6 on the market imo. Then there's the ISF, well that's the car that will be sitting in my drive in a weeks time 😁 felt about 10 times more special.

Bought the silver 09 plate 32k miles with 3 years of Lexus warranty.

Congrats!!!

Despite what many think, silver really suits the ISF and shows the lines beautifully.

• Like 5

My hand was forced really as my car was written off so I didn't have the luxury of waiting. They had dropped it a further 500 the morning we went to see it so I'm pretty happy with what I paid In the end as I wanted one with warranty.

Have you been to see the back 11 plate?

• Like 1

Just the silver one I did put in a really low off as if I end up driving one with the LSD I will regret not getting one with LSD. This is so I could justify it to myself that it was allot cheaper then a LSD equipped one.

Will be use the car as daily so ideally I want spend less as possible for the best one possible, plus point is car will be paid for by my car allowance from work so maintenance is covered by my allowance and get to claim back 21p for each mile.

After driving a few I couldn't tell much difference between the suspension on the later models and certainly couldn't get into a situation where I could tell the difference between the ediff and a LSD on a test drive. I wont be driving hard in the wet or tracking the car so it wasnt essential for me. The condition, mileage and history of the car were the main factors and this ticked all the boxes.

You pays your money and makes your choice, its not like there are lots for sale and I think anything around the 20k mark without mega miles is hitting the bottom of its depreciation curve.

Good luck with the search.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, C.B said:

After driving a few I couldn't tell much difference between the suspension on the later models and certainly couldn't get into a situation where I could tell the difference between the ediff and a LSD on a test drive. I wont be driving hard in the wet or tracking the car so it wasnt essential for me. The condition, mileage and history of the car were the main factors and this ticked all the boxes.

You pays your money and makes your choice, its not like there are lots for sale and I think anything around the 20k mark without mega miles is hitting the bottom of its depreciation curve.

I have an 08 and have driven a friends 2011.  I have tracked mine a few times and tbh the e-diff works fine.  You would be amazed the amount of performance cars that have e-diffs rather than mechanical diffs (I think the Ferrari F430 and 458's have e-diffs).

The diff wasn't worth the 5k difference in price at the time of purchasing my ISF (different between mine and my buddys).  Preference would be a mechanical diff but beggars and choosers.

Although Bluetooth music streaming and DAB....  I would like that but those are fairly easily obtained with relevant tweaking.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, C.B said:

Yes on public roads you will never notice due to the high limits you need to reach, but the nerd in my will always want it, I had a few Honda's with LSD but they were front wheel drive with lower performance limits, on them you could few it work and made the car feel more fun.

No hurry to change current daily car as I have had it for long time so will see what else comes up.

Hope you enjoy the car as it really is a nice one.

• Like 2

Hi all.:yes:

Craig have you got the car and we need the pictures urgently to see what it looks like you understand we all have is's in some form or another wether it be the humble 250 or the F cars.:yahoo:

65mike:yes:

• Like 1

Wednesday I hope Mike, my first insurance check got lost in the post :wallbash: so it's been quite a frustrating wait!!

However I will then be doing 200 miles in it so it will be the weekend once it's had a proper bath before any pics go up.

i will be machine polishing it myself then off to a detailer for a ceramic coating, it needs to be applied by a pro to keep the 5 year guarantee.

• Like 1