Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All,

I have seen few LS460 advertised, some as SE and some as SE-L models.

Are there different versions of LS ? and whats difference really ? 

Also check pictures below and tell me what is this thing above steering column.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 13.03.41.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 13.03.49.png

Hi one of the differences is the Radar Cruise Control with Lane Departure Warning - the box is the gizmo which scans the drivers face and if it notices driver looking away from road you get a warning i.e steering buzzes.

Hopefully more knowledgable memebrs will be along soon who know more than me.

• Like 1

There were three grades. LS 460, LS 460 SE, and LS 460 SE-L.

The SE adds ML audio system, power boot lid, rear audio controls, rear cool box, air-con and powered rear seats, powered rear sunshades, and sunroof.

The SE-L has everything the SE has plus better quality leather, parking assist, safety pack, 19" wheels, and a keycard.

What is odd is that nearly all the additional features could be added as options, so you can have the situation where a 460 is better spec'd compared to a 460 SE.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

There were three grades. LS 460, LS 460 SE, and LS 460 SE-L.

The SE adds ML audio system, power boot lid, rear audio controls, rear cool box, air-con and powered rear seats, powered rear sunshades, and sunroof.

The SE-L has everything the SE has plus better quality leather, parking assist, safety pack, 19" wheels, and a keycard.

What is odd is that nearly all the additional features could be added as options, so you can have the situation where a 460 is better spec'd compared to a 460 SE.

Many thanks. 

I am looking at 2007 SE-L 

keycard is missing. Can I buy this from lexus and how much ? Roughly ? 

Has 2007 SE-L got auto parking feature ? 

Thanks. 

16 minutes ago, katana92_uk said:

keycard is missing. Can I buy this from lexus and how much ? Roughly ?

I have a 400 with key fob, so I am assuming a ''keycard'' is no key just a fob called keycard, reason I posted is that I was given the price of a transponder for the LS 400 '99 keyfob & that is  £152 + £80 programming = VAT + £279, so I guess dont think less than that. 

• Like 1

2007 SE L does have the auto parking. Had mine for 4 years and used the auto parking once, just a gimmick, takes ages to park.

Mine came with a card-key, nice touch. Don't know whether a new card can be programmed but, if it could, I would think you're talking in the £hundreds.

VED now £535. MPG wise, I probably averaged 18 to 20mpg. Great 4 years of ownership though.

Graham 21.jpg

• Like 2

Agreed, the old Park assist takes too long to set up and you have to crawl along otherwise it will disengage.

I wouldn't be too worried about the lack of keycard, other than it is essentially a missing key - so you would want to get the memory erased and only the keys you have in your possession are programmed back into the system.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. 

Hoping to pick my new car today. 

460 SE-L silver 😊

went for viewing last night and going again today in day light. 

Few small issues I noticed. 

Driver window when going up suddenly goes down and takes couple of attempts to pull up ? 

Same with Sunroof tilt ? 

Rear left sun shade / blind doesn’t go up at all ? 

Should I be worried or just ignore these small niggles ? 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, katana92_uk said:

Driver window when going up suddenly goes down and takes couple of attempts to pull up ? 

Interesting to me, when I stop to park up, if I then try to close the window it goes half way up & then down again, so, I simply close it before just before I stop & its fine.

1 hour ago, cruisermark said:

Looks like big brother has landed!

go on give us a comparison then.  

Drove from Edinburgh to Manchester in 430 and now going back up tomorrow in 460. 

So will do comparison tomorrow some time. 

Already missing my exhaust roar, 460 is dead quite 😊

If you disconnect the Battery for 10 minutes this will reset the ECU so that it learns your driving, and fueling of the car.

It is not critical to do this as the car over time will re-learn anyway, but it will speed things up.

Disconnecting the Battery will require re-setting the windows, and sun roof, seat position, steering wheel position, and mirror positions . To do this for the windows open each window half way then close holding the button for 5 seconds while the window is closed. I believe the sun roof is done in a similar fashion. The seat positions are done via the seat controls, and entering them into the memory on the door buttons.

John

8 hours ago, Britprius said:

If you disconnect the battery for 10 minutes this will reset the ECU so that it learns your driving, and fueling of the car.

If you/anyone does that will the security system stop the car from being started or even the key being able to turn? mine is a 1999 LS400 so probably very different to your 2007 GS, I only know that in the past with a 1995 LS 400 I have had problems with above mentioned security systems codes if the Battery has been disconnected, mini nightmare stuff really, etc

11 hours ago, dendonc said:

If you/anyone does that will the security system stop the car from being started or even the key being able to turn? mine is a 1999 LS400 so probably very different to your 2007 GS, I only know that in the past with a 1995 LS 400 I have had problems with above mentioned security systems codes if the battery has been disconnected, mini nightmare stuff really, etc

It shouldn't be an issue for vehicles with an integrated alarm/immobiliser system. The old LS (up to mark III?) and GS I believe had a separate alarm, possibly fitted in the UK on import.

You can just reset the engine ECU by removing fuses. This procedure is for the GS but should be the same for the LS:

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/tutorials/article/11-resetting-gs300-gs430-engine-ecu/

26 minutes ago, katana92_uk said:

This gizmo above steering shaft which reads face. How does it work ? Or how to enable it ? 

I tried to look away for few seconds on open wide road but seems to do nothing ? 

I believe it only reacts if it senses you are not looking ahead and there is a potential hazard approaching. You need to be braver to test it :wink3:

• Like 1