Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Han

Hi guys,

I've imported my beloved Lexus GX460 to the UK and I'm looking now for a garage to do the necessary conversion. Appreciate any advice on the following please:

- Any recommended garages, preferably in Scotland or North England to do the conversion to UK/DVLA standard and get it ready for IVA testing?

- My car Speedometer is in KM - if I purchase a KM Speedo HUD (

) and add it, will that be accepted?

- My Lexus SAT NAV map is for Dubai/UAE. Does anyone know if adding a UK/European map which comes on a SD card will be read by the system? I've been told it will not but have no experence.

Appreciate any insight on any of the points above.

Thanks,

Han 

Hi Han

Welcome to the LOC

I can't offer any advice on the conversion but a quick google did turn up this link regarding the spedometer

http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk, they offer dial-conversion kits. They're based in Leeds so are fairly northern. 

Might be worth a call to enquire, perhaps they would be able to suggest companies to do the conversion work.

I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to get UK maps for your NAV system but I would imagine the SD card would need to be for the specific model of your sat nav as I believe they are not the same worldwide (I believe the US uses different hardware to the UK for example)

Hi Han.  I would doubt that using an aftermarket HUD would be accepted as a "conversion" to MPH, you would need to get the dial changed.  You could maybe order a dial from somewhere like Lockwwod then get a local garage to fit it for you.  I'm not sure what else needs to be done to make it UK road legal besides paperwork and an MOT.

I would recommend getting the underside sealed against corrosion because I don't imagine that they use rock salt on the roads in the UAE!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links