Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I was  talking cobblers with DOT 5 which I think is very bad and should not be used in a system that has DOT 3, 4 or 5.1.

Either DOT 4 or 5.1 should I think be used. I have had cars for 40 years and I am sure I was using DOT4 fluid even back then

DOT 4 is higher boiling point than 3 and I belive can be  mixed with 3 but I am sure someone on here will offer more accurate technical opinions

• Like 1

The best fluids for the brakes and clutch are the Castrol SRF, Motul RBF660 and Gulf RF1000. The Motul RBF600, Gulf RF800, Millers 300 Plus and Fuchs Pro Race are close to those, but don't have quite as high boiling points. In reality, they are overkill for road use though. The next step down (in performance terms), but still an upgrade over standard are the Motul DOT 5.1, Fuchs Maintain DOT 5.1, Millers 5.1, Pentosin Super DOT 4/Super DOT 4 Plus and Castrol React Performance. Any of the other DOT4 fluids we have are fine to use as a standard choice.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-450-brake-fluid-clutch-fluid.aspx

Cheers

Tim