Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vinyl Wrap Shop

Momentum Customs

Hi Everyone!

Hope you're all good today. I thought I would pop in here and introduce myself and say hello! 

My name is Ross and I run a vinyl wrap shop located in Witney, Oxfordshire. We solely do colour change vehicle wraps and we can pretty much wrap anything you want really, as little as an emblem right up to full vehicle wraps we are happy to do whatever you need us to!

I would love to help you out if any of you have ideas/questions or if you would like quotes for any vinyl work. You can either message me on here or e-mail ross@momentumcustoms.co.uk

Also you can check out my Instagram @momentum_customs and DM me on there!

Thanks

Hi Ross.

Welcome.... i'my new myself, well reignited by the brand once more.

I have been  interested in car wrapping so may knock on  your door soon to get more information.

Usuf

Welcome on board. Unfortunately I did my first go at wrapping last week when I did my interior. I made a few errors but enjoyed doing it. Patience is definitely the word when it comes to wrapping.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi all! Thanks for the comments and the welcomes! 

Yes Lee, patience is definitely key, especially when you are a beginner. But also key is using the right materials. If you are using cheap calendered materials you will make your life a lot harder. For interior bits it shouldn't make a massive difference but using top quality cast vinyl is just lovely compared to cheap calendered stuff. If you ever want any Avery Dennison or 3M vinyl then i am happy to order and post out for you. I know these brands can be hard to get offline from trusted places. I don't get the best rates from suppliers as i am not a big shop but i wouldn't charge any mark-up or anything for you guys. I don't have this facility on my website and i'm not an authorised re-seller or anything, but I am happy to do it now and again for you guys to help you out.

Usuf, the answer is yes you can wrap wheels, technically you can wrap anything, but there are a few issues and to be honest it isn't done very often because its not the best solution. Obviously the wheel is a moving part which will put the vinyl under more stress and is very likely to reduce its capacity to last. But the main issue is wheels are very complex to wrap and because of this will make them very time consuming and therefore not very cost effective to wrap. Also the complexity means that wrapping in one piece is pretty much impossible, therefore with multiple pieces there will be seams which will mean it wouldn't be a completely flush, paint-like finish. For the price you would pay and the finish you would get you are better off getting them powder-coated etc as you will get better results.

If the alloy has a large flat face, and you are happy with only that part being wrapped, then that is very do-able, and obviously less time consuming and therefore more cost effective, but then the whole alloy isn't the one colour, it would only be the face like in the below. Check out the below youtube videos of Christian wrapping alloys. He's got loads of great stuff too if you want to learn some more about wrapping, I've picked up a few tips and tricks from him in the past. I plan to start a Youtube channel later on this year with DIY videos and shop vlogs also.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi all! Thanks for the comments and the welcomes! 
Yes Lee, patience is definitely key, especially when you are a beginner. But also key is using the right materials. If you are using cheap calendered materials you will make your life a lot harder. For interior bits it shouldn't make a massive difference but using top quality cast vinyl is just lovely compared to cheap calendered stuff. If you ever want any Avery Dennison or 3M vinyl then i am happy to order and post out for you. I know these brands can be hard to get offline from trusted places. I don't get the best rates from suppliers as i am not a big shop but i wouldn't charge any mark-up or anything for you guys. I don't have this facility on my website and i'm not an authorised re-seller or anything, but I am happy to do it now and again for you guys to help you out.
Usuf, the answer is yes you can wrap wheels, technically you can wrap anything, but there are a few issues and to be honest it isn't done very often because its not the best solution. Obviously the wheel is a moving part which will put the vinyl under more stress and is very likely to reduce its capacity to last. But the main issue is wheels are very complex to wrap and because of this will make them very time consuming and therefore not very cost effective to wrap. Also the complexity means that wrapping in one piece is pretty much impossible, therefore with multiple pieces there will be seams which will mean it wouldn't be a completely flush, paint-like finish. For the price you would pay and the finish you would get you are better off getting them powder-coated etc as you will get better results.
If the alloy has a large flat face, and you are happy with only that part being wrapped, then that is very do-able, and obviously less time consuming and therefore more cost effective, but then the whole alloy isn't the one colour, it would only be the face like in the below. Check out the below youtube videos of Christian wrapping alloys. He's got loads of great stuff too if you want to learn some more about wrapping, I've picked up a few tips and tricks from him in the past. I plan to start a Youtube channel later on this year with DIY videos and shop vlogs also.
Thanks

[/url]  

To be honest the stuff I got seemed to be quite thick and the wrap itself was lovely to work with, it was just the parts I was using it on being a bit tricky. It's come out ok but obviously not perfect and I will revisit some bits again. I got the 8dm wrap? I know no different to be honest but it seemed of good quality. fc7da415a421b0f58a451cc978220fce.jpgab2f92a3f22adfbaa8915c4800963e8a.jpg

• Like 3

Looks like a good job to me mate fair play! Those panels are a lot trickier than they look too so that's a good effort.

Yeah the 8dm stuff is off eBay isn't it? Like i said probably fine for pretty flat interior bits but i wouldn't recommend it for large curved panels and to be honest i wouldn't want to use unbranded stuff on your paint. The adhesive isn't generally of the best quality and therefore can lead to leaving large amounts of residue on your paint or maybe even peeling the paint off. That's just my advice i obviously can't say it will for sure because i haven't tested it but i like to stick to the tried and tested top quality stuff to be sure of getting the best and safest results.

But yeah overall they look good mate.

Looks like a good job to me mate fair play! Those panels are a lot trickier than they look too so that's a good effort.
Yeah the 8dm stuff is off ebay isn't it? Like i said probably fine for pretty flat interior bits but i wouldn't recommend it for large curved panels and to be honest i wouldn't want to use unbranded stuff on your paint. The adhesive isn't generally of the best quality and therefore can lead to leaving large amounts of residue on your paint or maybe even peeling the paint off. That's just my advice i obviously can't say it will for sure because i haven't tested it but i like to stick to the tried and tested top quality stuff to be sure of getting the best and safest results.
But yeah overall they look good mate.
Thanks fella! Next time I'm going to give you a shout if I need something different. Not a fan of car wrapping myself as I like my detailing so love a shine.

Good luck and thanks for your comments