Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all GS450H newbie here

usuf_x

Hi All,

I thought id say hello (I'm fairly sure i was a member many moons ago) as i'm now a proud owner of a 2006 GS450H  and boy what a machine it is, the power in it is insane :yahoo: for a large car and it's pretty good on fuel too.

This i s my 2nd Lexus so know a little about the brand and love its gadget as I had a GS300 Sport MK1 with the BIG wheels (miss that)

I'm coming from owning a Mercedes E240 Avantgarde/LPG for the last 9 years (mainly for family) and now have decided the time is right to move back to what I Loved (plus the Mrs now got an Smax :wink3: ) and this car is a different kettle of fish.

I have been rummaging through the site for  a while  and picking up some useful information but now that i have the car it was a good time to join and say hello.

some pics om my ride, will see if there are any of my old GS300 Sport.

I'm sure I will have many questions about this car and look forward to seeing other members  maybe even a little mini meet if anyone is close by.

Thanks

usuf

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-21 at 17.05.51 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-21 at 17.05.52.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-21 at 17.05.51.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-21 at 17.05.52 (1).jpeg

• Like 3

Congratulations on your purchase. The performance as you are finding out is quite something.

Points to watch out for are leaking shock absorbers for which there is no aftermarket replacement cost circa £250 each (not from the dealers). Leaking exhaust particularly at the "Y" piece near the rear. If the exhaust is leaking hear one of the two rear silencers have a habit of breaking off at the "Y" piece. A purpose made stainless steel exhaust is the way to go in this event.

The rest of the car is more or less bullet proof.

John.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Britprius said:

Congratulations on your purchase. The performance as you are finding out is quite something.

Points to watch out for are leaking shock absorbers for which there is no aftermarket replacement cost circa £250 each (not from the dealers). Leaking exhaust particularly at the "Y" piece near the rear. If the exhaust is leaking hear one of the two rear silencers have a habit of breaking off at the "Y" piece. A purpose made stainless steel exhaust is the way to go in this event.

The rest of the car is more or less bullet proof.

John.

Thanks for the heads up.

It's  one of thing's  I did read up and tbh my Mercedes rear shocks where the same and that cost £600 so pretty much know what I'm I'm  for...

SS exhaust is something  I will venture into when the time comes.

42 minutes ago, Eame64 said:

Welcome back to the Brand and enjoy your Gs450H.

1 hour ago, Chris111 said:

Very nice looking motor. Top SE-L spec as well so all the toys as standard.:yahoo:

Thanks  guys

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Welcome back Yousef.

When did you buy the car and was it bought from a Trader?

I brought it private only had  it a week.

it  has full Lexus service history  bar the last  one as the previous owner didn' want to shell our more than he wanted to as he was planning on selling it.

it has 110k miles

And it being Se-l has all the gizmo's  and the radar cruise is great