Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Premium Navigation Display Fault

I have a new Nx330h Premier (December 2017). It is fitted with the Premium Navigation system and it displays a curious fault. When the map is configured to display two maps side by side the smaller map shows a dark area on the left hand side. This only happens with the small map. The camera display is perfect and if the navigation system is showing the lane guidance there is no mark.

5ab4f29a1d717_IMG_2951(002).jpg.3dea06155712cb9a33058ad227fffd77.jpg

You can see the mark over the village of Stretton. It is independent of the contrast or other settings. I took it into Lexus Wolverhampton for them to look at and worryingly the courtesy car displayed the same fault. Indeed two other vehicles did the same. So, has anyone else spotted this, or has got the Premium nav pack without the effect. I don't regard this as satisfactory but it would be nice to know that I am not alone.

I don't have premium navigation, but isn't that area just the 'upper' map showing a 'shadow' in order in indicate that it is 'on top'? It doesn't look like a fault to me...did the dealer think it was?

On 23/03/2018 at 12:30 PM, Jabiru said:

the smaller map shows a dark area on the left hand side

9 minutes ago, Elbow said:

The side map looks as though it is in3D mode and the blue would be the sky on the horizon. I thought the two displays were in same mode!

It's the dark area to the left of the smaller map, separating the two displays that is thought by the OP to be a fault.....

Many thanks for the comments. It looks as though it is a 'design feature'; just not a very good one if it is meant to be the demarcation between the two maps. It also appears when there is no need to separate the maps in navigation mode. See picture below.

Has anyone managed to let a printed copy of the new navigation manual. I was supposed to get one from Lexus Birmingham as part of the deal but nothing has appeared yet and the new manuals seem elusive? 

IMG_2972 (002).jpg

I've this 2018 version of this Sat NAV on my RC 300 h Premium. How do you put in Favourites for restaurants and hotels in France and Germany. The system doesn't show any POI s when you try to search. It's also beaten the Lexus sales staff. Great on £40+ k car!

Mike