Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newby Lexus Owner

Joeshippers

20180323_180714.thumb.jpg.40e6588778a63547c64b90df9ec3f88d.jpgHi,

I'm new to the forum, have a new love in my life.  2004 IS200 only 72k full Lexus history.  Had it a week and fallen in love, just got around to the detailing.  What do you think ?  Now should I keep the wheels as is, do need a refurb or change the colour ?  Possibly 'Shadow Chrome ?

20180323_180730.jpg

20180323_180744.jpg

20180323_180754.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Damon, welcome to the LOC!

Looks like you have a got a great find there; few and far between no. Is it a good as it sounds, or are there any nigg;es?

I always think with the body-kit the IS benefits from bigger wheels, but that is an expensive option. Definitely like the idea of Shadow Chrome for those wheels though.

Thanks for the hearty welcome. No niggles yet, it is an auto which some people avoid.  But a good option for me as I have problems with my left arm after a car accident and manuals become very uncomfortable on longer journeys.  I was surprised how well it had been looked after and how well it came up with some claying and a polish with poor boys.  Engine bay was a bit grotty, but an hour giving it a good clean worked wonders.

What are your thoughts on K&N panel filters ?  Heard there can be issues with sticky throttle bodies.  Has one fitted just wondering whether to change it.

Paint work on old Lexus is pretty good, the red on my 300 used to come up lovely. 

I haven't fitted a K&N since my youth (quite some time ago!) and never bought one for the IS. Minimal gains I should think on a n/a engine, but you might have improved throttle response over the paper element. Might be worth taking out your MAF and giving it a spray with contact cleaner just in case the K&N has ever been over-oiled. I'd have thought you'd have to seriously lay on the oil to get enough into the butterfly to get it sticky. I bought some throttle body cleaner last year but when I took the intake off it was a clean as a whistle. 

17 hours ago, gdh300 said:

Might be worth taking out your MAF and giving it a spray with contact cleaner just in case the K&N has ever been over-oiled. 

The IS200 engine doesn't have a MAF.

K&N really won't do anything to the performance, but may change the intake sound to more of your liking.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links