Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Swapping Wheels

graham8370

Hi All, on Monday morning I am changing my LS600 (2009) for a LS600 (2013) from a Lexus Main Dealer.

I want to swap (keep) my wheels and tyres and put the wheels and tyres from the 2013 onto the 2009.

Can they just do a direct swap and programme the TPMS or do they have to change the sensors from each wheel (putting the sensors from the 2013 wheels onto my 2009 wheels) ie; taking each tyre off then switching sensors, refitting tyres, balancing etc.

A 1 hour job or a morning of hanging about.  Anyone done this?

Graham.

On 3/23/2018 at 7:45 PM, graham8370 said:

Hi All, on Monday morning I am changing my LS600 (2009) for a LS600 (2013) from a Lexus Main Dealer.

I want to swap (keep) my wheels and tyres and put the wheels and tyres from the 2013 onto the 2009.

Can they just do a direct swap and programme the TPMS or do they have to change the sensors from each wheel (putting the sensors from the 2013 wheels onto my 2009 wheels) ie; taking each tyre off then switching sensors, refitting tyres, balancing etc.

A 1 hour job or a morning of hanging about.  Anyone done this?

Graham.

Not entirely sure but I would presume they can just swap them over entirely and reprogram. But, I would be prepared just in case to have them change all the sensors around.

Evening All,  looking for some info on Wheel nut torque settings.

Has a nail in one of my back tyres over the weekend. Took the wheel off and got the tyre repaired.

Put the wheel back on but finding it difficult to find the correct torque settings for the wheel nuts.

Have seen 103Nm, Garage said 113Nm think, and someone even said  200Nm. Any idea's ??

Once the wheel went back onto the car the TPMS reset once the car started up, no problems.

Thanks Colin, just checked the handbook and yes it's 103Nm. Cheers.

Phoned Toyota Aberdeen which is the Lexus service centre for this area, run by Arnold Clark, after twice having to phone them before anyone would give me an answer,

was then told, March is a very busy month for tyres it would be TWO weeks before they would book the tyre in, you can get a Doctor's appointment quicker that that up here!!!

Very poor service, for a so called Lexus centre.

Phoned an independent garage that booked me in for the tyre repair this morning,  job done and tyre back on without a mark on the rim.

Well impressed.

On 3/26/2018 at 10:19 PM, Lexie04 said:

Thanks Colin, just checked the handbook and yes it's 103Nm. Cheers.

Phoned Toyota Aberdeen which is the Lexus service centre for this area, run by Arnold Clark, after twice having to phone them before anyone would give me an answer,

was then told, March is a very busy month for tyres it would be TWO weeks before they would book the tyre in, you can get a Doctor's appointment quicker that that up here!!!

Very poor service, for a so called Lexus centre.

Phoned an independent garage that booked me in for the tyre repair this morning,  job done and tyre back on without a mark on the rim.

Well impressed.

Its run by Arnold Clark, what did you expect?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links