Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

430 vs 460 My personal opinion + few questions

Hi all,

as you know I just bought 460 and drove back to edinburgh from manchester area. My first journey in 460 and first time in life :) did about 300 miles, mixture of A roads and motorway.

Here is my opinion purely based on 1 day driving, later my opinion might change :)

Here is my comparison 430 vs 460

460 POSITIVES:

1. Looks new modern and lots of latest gadgets inside compare to 430.

2. Feels bigger than 430.

3. Power steering is super light and smooth

4. Brakes are very sharp and very precised

5. better road visibility.

6. Better MPG 

7. feels much lighter and easy to drive.

460 NEGATIVES:

1. Tight boot space. 430 boot is much bigger. I keep couple of boxes in car always full of cleaning stuff and topups etc and still there was plenty space left in 430 for shopping bags but with 460 hardly any space left in boot. my Suitcase which fits nicely in 430 doesnt fit in 460 :(

2. 8 speed auto box is good but feels slow and sluggish when it comes to kick down,  if i put my foot down to over take, it feels sluggish and takes its time to shift down and feels like gear box is confused and struggling to decide which gear to select. 430 kick down was much faster. ( maybe its just me getting used to 8 speed box )

3. Ride quality is not bad but I think 430 rides much better. 430 sticks to road on motor way with sport mode on, 460 feels like is struggling to grip onto road when you suddenly go over some bump / dip.

4. Interior is nice but feels, clumsy / plasticy / fragile. 

5. 430 cabin was much quiter but in 460 you hear wind noise. ( not bad just being very picky here )

Thats all for just now :), Will add more to it as time goes by :)

QUESTIONS :

Rear left Door would not lock or unlock using key fob or keyless or using lock / unlock button on drivers arm.
Soft power auto closure not working
sun shade is not going up or down
But window goes up n down.
feels like there is no power but window works ok, but why all other functions related to door have stopped working. ?

driver side window when going up suddenly starts going down. as if you pressed down button suddenly. happens very intermittently but did happen to me 2 times out of 10.

Boot opens and closes very slowly, is that normal ? 

Thanks

AJ

• Like 1

I don't know what spec your 430 had but, if you have the rear seat conditioner in the 460, the boot space is compromised. I don't have it in my 460 and the boot is huge.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, katana92_uk said:

Hi all,

as you know I just bought 460 and drove back to edinburgh from manchester area. My first journey in 460 and first time in life :) did about 300 miles, mixture of A roads and motorway.

Here is my opinion purely based on 1 day driving, later my opinion might change :)

Here is my comparison 430 vs 460

460 POSITIVES:

1. Looks new modern and lots of latest gadgets inside compare to 430.

2. Feels bigger than 430.

3. Power steering is super light and smooth

4. Brakes are very sharp and very precised

5. better road visibility.

6. Better MPG 

7. feels much lighter and easy to drive.

460 NEGATIVES:

1. Tight boot space. 430 boot is much bigger. I keep couple of boxes in car always full of cleaning stuff and topups etc and still there was plenty space left in 430 for shopping bags but with 460 hardly any space left in boot. my Suitcase which fits nicely in 430 doesnt fit in 460 :(

2. 8 speed auto box is good but feels slow and sluggish when it comes to kick down,  if i put my foot down to over take, it feels sluggish and takes its time to shift down and feels like gear box is confused and struggling to decide which gear to select. 430 kick down was much faster. ( maybe its just me getting used to 8 speed box )

3. Ride quality is not bad but I think 430 rides much better. 430 sticks to road on motor way with sport mode on, 460 feels like is struggling to grip onto road when you suddenly go over some bump / dip.

4. Interior is nice but feels, clumsy / plasticy / fragile. 

5. 430 cabin was much quiter but in 460 you hear wind noise. ( not bad just being very picky here )

Thats all for just now :), Will add more to it as time goes by :)

QUESTIONS :

Rear left Door would not lock or unlock using key fob or keyless or using lock / unlock button on drivers arm.
Soft power auto closure not working
sun shade is not going up or down
But window goes up n down.
feels like there is no power but window works ok, but why all other functions related to door have stopped working. ?

driver side window when going up suddenly starts going down. as if you pressed down button suddenly. happens very intermittently but did happen to me 2 times out of 10.

Boot opens and closes very slowly, is that normal ? 

Thanks

AJ

Thanks for taking the time to post up AJ

the positives are very good especially the brakes.

The larger size is expected by a negative for - Im already watching the wing mirrors when i drive exoecially where I live

The negatives are BIG negatives for me and If I ever upgrade to one im going to make sure I take an extended test drive to make sure im fully satisfied.

I remember when I bought my 430 (upgrading from 400) it took me many months to get used to it - I even bought another 400 to go back to but in the end was persuaded by family to keep the 430 - 5 years on and I'm still happy with mine.

The only other car I keep thinking about is a GS450H but needs to be 10/11 plate, silver with grey leather. I think they are unique cars and i really want to experience the seemless acceleration from the CVT and since I do mainly short runs i think it will be well suited to me.

Enjoy yours!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Britprius said:

The problem you may have with the GS450H is the lack of boot space, but performance, and economy other wise a great car.

John.

Hi - Yes I know John and im not too fussed as the youngest kid will soon no longer need a buggy and I'm not a keen golfer :smile:

On 3/24/2018 at 10:27 AM, katana92_uk said:

driver side window when going up suddenly starts going down.

Your the third in about this past 10 days with an LS which does that, mine is a 1999 LS400 & if I turn the ignition off & take key out, otherwise it just closes as per normal. Someone else here sometime this past few days has the exact same thing.

Thanks for the comparisons, very interesting.

The windows may need to be reinitialised 

If you still have issues then the window mechanism may need to be lubricated - if the motor draws too much current the ECU will think there is something jamming the window and will go back down.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links