Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fto Or Lexus

Mitzi_FTO

Hi,

I'm new here. Ive currently got a mitsubshi fto, and i cant decide whether to upgrade to the vR better suspension and more of a racing version. Or...

Just get a IS200 and join you guys!? Can you buy IS300's here? Is there such a thing?

Thanks for anyhelp whatsoever.

Paul

Hi and welcome to the club.

Well, I expect the answers you will get will be slightly biased (being most of us love Lexus).

But to answer your question, yes you can get an IS300, but it is only available in automatic, that said, it does have 'fingertip' gearchange controls on the steering, and a lot of people rave about it.

Welcome to the club mate......in a word......ALTEZZA!!!!!!!!!!

Don`t shout at me Ian!!! :lol:

:lol::lol:

To be honest, the Tezza is a good comprimise if you want a 'faster' IS200. Your obviously used to imports, and the RS200 does have 210bhp..

Worth considering if performance is a factor for you..

Welcome to the club mate......in a word......ALTEZZA!!!!!!!!!!

Don`t shout at me Ian!!! :lol:

:lol::lol:

To be honest, the Tezza is a good comprimise if you want a 'faster' IS200. Your obviously used to imports, and the RS200 does have 210bhp..

Worth considering if performance is a factor for you..

thanks guys.

So what kinda spec is in the Rs200 / Altenzza?

Is it fairly striaght forward to modify? What is a resonable bhp figure that is achievable?

Some pics would be nice too. Thanks a lot,

:D

Seriously.... I've always thought that the FTO needs to be stretched out a bit... Don't ask me why, just thought it looked as if it needs an extra 1 metre in the wheel base (about the length of an old shape celica)

naaa they are gorgeous cars.

Just fancy something different and maybe more tuneable?? :blink:

Edited by ifraz

Is that your FTO? If so welldone!

I'm not saying they're a s##t car, not by far. Myself (not sure if its the same for other people) have always gone for a certain type of car: Calibra, Alfa 156, BMW 3series and now my IS, which are all fairly bid cars.

It down to personal taste, I'm sure there are people which always look for other certain factors when buying a car (rear seat space :winky: )

Have you driven an IS? what did you think of it compared to the FTO, I would of thought the FTO feels a lot dippier, and the IS more "comfortable".

Like if I was going from an FTO, I may think about a new Celica, (hope you see what I mean, it can get a bit confussing when its just text in front of you!)

wow i bet thats some machine. Surly he's added a different engine??! :duh:

do you guys ever meet up?

I'm based in the north west i'd love too meet up and check them out, hardly see any(modded 1's) out and about, bit like FTO's :P

Long as there's not a meet tonight, i'm rough as badgers, hangover from hell! And ive ran out of my magic cure!!...

Dunno how i survived uni without it lol!! Check it out.

www.NeverDrinkingAgain.com

NeverDrinkingAgain.com

You guys got any pics etc?

Thanks again, appreciate it,

wow i bet thats some machine. Surly he's added a different engine??! :duh:

do you guys ever meet up?

I'm based in the north west i'd love too meet up and check them out, hardly see any(modded 1's) out and about, bit like FTO's :P

Long as there's not a meet tonight, i'm rough as badgers, hangover from hell! And ive ran out of my magic cure!!...

Dunno how i survived uni without it lol!! Check it out.

www.NeverDrinkingAgain.com

NeverDrinkingAgain.com

You guys got any pics etc?

Thanks again, appreciate it,

There are quite a few of us up North mate.

Am based in Liverpool mine is unmodded as yet tho. 2 Weeks ago there was a North meet over Leeds way.

28th March there is a HUGE meet in Gaydon(Warwickshire)

Expected 400+ Cars from all over country. 4 Sure there will be modded ones there.

Maybe a trip there might swing ya decision ;)

well at the fear of being slated I like the FTO and would like one myself.. although after having a ride in dave ellens car with noz i wouldnt mind his...lol sorry to say i would go for the VR version..

ps very nice car you have there.. perhaps you would like to swap it for my gs :lol::lol::lol:

I have an FTO GPX and I'm looking (looking for a LONG time) for the right IS/Altezza. Being used to imports and getting some good feedback (from this forum :P ) I settled in looking for the right Altezza.

I don't know what your reasons are for looking at the IS but for me it's the extra doors! (baby boy of 4 weeks old! B) )

The FTO is good handler, I haven't driven an IS but I would guess the ride is smoother and less firm. I have been driven out in one and they feel exactly how I want, a sporty saloon that is practical and a good looking car.

:offtopic: (thanks again Altezzaz - you still looking for a different motor?)

Both have the good looks, Altezzas are rarer and understated, FTO's great handling and good engine...... all depends what you want from your car really (plus people here will be biased! Have you asked in the FTO owners forum the same question?? Alan Partidge come up?? :)

If I was looking at a a sports coupe I would look at 200sx S15 or a R34 skyline GTT!!!!!