Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC500 - 1000 Miles Up

malcolmw

Now I have had my car for a bit, I thought I would post my latest impressions.

Firstly, I have now run in the car and and have been giving it a few revs in Sport Plus mode when conditions allow. To my surprise, my last tank of BP Ultimate returned a real 24.3 mpg. The car computer recorded 25.2 mpg so the onboard systems seems to show better economy by about 3.7%.

Next, I have now washed it a couple of times and would comment that it is a bit of a pain to get dirt out of the multiple horizontal features in the rear bumper area under the back of the car. The rest of the car washes off easily (Glasscoated).

Overall, I am very pleased with it. There are no rattles and the performance is just what I was expecting.

The downsides are small. As discussed extensively on another thread, parking can be a headache as the long (and very thick) doors have to be opened a lot to allow easy access. You need to plan ahead to ensure that you don't get caught out. Parking away from other cars in a carpark usually ends up with someone parking next to you for no apparent reason. :wallbash:

I still can't get enthusiastic about the touchpad navigation controls. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, malcolmw said:

Now I have had my car for a bit, I thought I would post my latest impressions.

Firstly, I have now run in the car and and have been giving it a few revs in Sport Plus mode when conditions allow. To my surprise, my last tank of BP Ultimate returned a real 24.3 mpg. The car computer recorded 25.2 mpg so the onboard systems seems to show better economy by about 3.7%.

Next, I have now washed it a couple of times and would comment that it is a bit of a pain to get dirt out of the multiple horizontal features in the rear bumper area under the back of the car. The rest of the car washes off easily (Glasscoated).

Overall, I am very pleased with it. There are no rattles and the performance is just what I was expecting.

The downsides are small. As discussed extensively on another thread, parking can be a headache as the long (and very thick) doors have to be opened a lot to allow easy access. You need to plan ahead to ensure that you don't get caught out. Parking away from other cars in a carpark usually ends up with someone parking next to you for no apparent reason. :wallbash:

I still can't get enthusiastic about the touchpad navigation controls. 

Interesting progress report. The touchpad seems to be a universal gripe. The latest (very positive) article on the Car Magazine website states that 162 orders placed to date out of 250 allocated to UK (1000 total for all of Europe). 50/50 orders for V8/Hybrid. Most V8 orders for top spec version, hybrid orders for 'base' version (if you can call it that!)

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/03/2018 at 12:41 PM, Chafford1 said:

Parking away from other cars in a carpark usually ends up with someone parking next to you for no apparent reason.

I tried this out in a big field once. There was a line of cars parked neatly alongside the entry; I parked a long way away in the MIDDLE of the space.

Sure enough, when I came back there were 3 cars lined up besides mine! Surrounded by empty space!

Baaaa!

• 3 months later...

Whenever I've run a nice car i always park miles away from the 'crowd', preferably next to an 'end' and if i feel i can get away with it (i.e. carpark is empty and likely to stay that way) on the wonk. Or i'll just take the wifes runabout. 8¬D