Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, 

Finally have chopped in my 2008 450h today for a 2012 450h, it was a 500 mile round trip for a cheaper car that I knew needed some work but is mechanically sound, a little cosmetic work needed though which I'm happy to do for the price I paid. Hopefully nothing more than some chips, an interior detail, some tyres and a Lexus badge (Yes you read that right)

On the 250 mile round trip home a couple of questions have sprung up which perhaps someone can help with?

1) Mark Levinson audio sounds good but on DAB radio I can get it all the way up to max, dont get me wrong its loud but my old GS was that loud at about 40 or 45 , just wondered if thats the way it is.

2) Auto high beams.. how does that work? got it engaged but it never activated all the way back. (Realise I may have to read the manual)

3) Hold button to the left of the steering wheel? (Realise I may have to read the manual)

4) It has blind spot monitoring that seems really bright at night. Any way to turn the brightness down?

5) When I turn it off it seems to make the drivers seat go back a really long way, i'm only short so was wondering if that's adjustable?

6) Is the only cigarette power socket int he arm rest as that's a pain if you want to charge your phone to the right of the windscreen!?

7) How do you get Google Navigation to come through the car speakers on an Android phone?

Please bear with me, there may be more over the coming days but overall really love it and in the 250 miles on the way back I got 44 to the gallon which I am really happy with.

Will put up some pics when the bits are done and shes looking nice.

Any help greatly appreciated as always,

Thanks guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Oh,

And I forgot to mention the front GRille Lexus Blue outlined badge has been smashed by a stone. I'm hoping that it can be replaced on its own. Can anyone confirm and how much they might be before I call on Monday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 - Try with a CD, the DAB station may set their volume level low for some reason.

4 - I don't believe that is possible

5 - I think there is a setting to turn it off completely or to only go back a short way.

 

The badge is available on its own - still quite expensive. Try your dealer first - may be cheaper than this one on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/53141-48050-Lexus-2007-2015-ES-GS-GX-IS-LS-LX-NX-RX-PreCrash-Grill-Emblem-/162912933395

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 On dab it is quieter than with music on USB. Tried mine on full volume and rear view mirror appeared possessed and the whole interior almost self destructed. 

5 There is a partial easy exit setting. I have mine set like this and it only moves the wheel. 

Regarding the badge as a gold member my dealer gives me 15% off parts and servicing. I saved £70 on a service 2 weeks ago. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 You have to be on main beam before you push the button to activate it. However, you may wish to leave it off because it is unreliable and even when it does work it's too slow - you will blind people before it reacts.

3 That's brake hold. When that's on, if you're stationary you can take your foot off the brake and it will hold the car on the brake until you apply the throttle again. I don't like it, because I find it harder to set off smoothly when it's on. 

6 There should be one inside the armrest and another on the rear of it. I run a cable from the rear one under the seat and up the side of the dash to my phone mount.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 24/03/2018 at 10:15 PM, ColinBarber said:

1 - Try with a CD, the DAB station may set their volume level low for some reason.

4 - I don't believe that is possible

5 - I think there is a setting to turn it off completely or to only go back a short way.

 

The badge is available on its own - still quite expensive. Try your dealer first - may be cheaper than this one on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/53141-48050-Lexus-2007-2015-ES-GS-GX-IS-LS-LX-NX-RX-PreCrash-Grill-Emblem-/162912933395

 

Called today about the badge Emblem £167.81 inc vat!! thats without my members discount but still a bit of a shock.. This one looks a better deal although used but need to make sure its the correct one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/03/2018 at 11:11 AM, Ten Ninety said:

 

3 That's brake hold. When that's on, if you're stationary you can take your foot off the brake and it will hold the car on the brake until you apply the throttle again. I don't like it, because I find it harder to set off smoothly when it's on. 

 

 

I used to think the same but have found that if you give the accelerator a quick dab it seems to switch off the hold function allowing smooth departure. I find it really useful in stop start traffic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/03/2018 at 8:25 PM, claytow said:

 

4) It has blind spot monitoring that seems really bright at night. Any way to turn the brightness down?

5) When I turn it off it seems to make the drivers seat go back a really long way, i'm only short so was wondering if that's adjustable?

 

4) mine seems to be dimmer when I have the dash lights dimmer.

5) there are three settings, one where the seat doesn't move (only the steering wheel) , one where it goes back a bit ( useful for my portly belly) and one where it goes all the way back (not sure how fat you need to be for this setting to be of any use!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

4) mine seems to be dimmer when I have the dash lights dimmer.

5) there are three settings, one where the seat doesn't move (only the steering wheel) , one where it goes back a bit ( useful for my portly belly) and one where it goes all the way back (not sure how fat you need to be for this setting to be of any use!)

Can you please tell me where the setting is? Or do i have to read the book? 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go into settings on the main screen and it should be in there if I remember correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now