Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New battery

So the Battery on the F finally gave up the ghost, I did notice over the last few weeks slow crank on startup.

On inspection turns out its the original Battery ! so its done well to last 10 years.  Removed the Battery turns out its made by Panasonic.

After a quick measure up sourced a replacement from Tayna online.  The Battery they have listed on their site for the ISF is incorrect, it will not fit as its too long.  The correct size Battery is the one they have listed under the IS250  https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/enduroline/069/

Fitment was straight forward, the Battery fits perfectly, and the plastic casing which goes round the OE Battery fits perfectly over this Battery.  The only slight variation are the terminals are situated on the front of the Battery not the rear.  Not much difference, and the cables are long enough to fit nicely.  Just needed one of the clips on the positive wire moving along a few centimeters to clip on the Battery case housing.

Car cranks over much better now so job done.

Took 15 mins.

20180325_111553.jpg

20180325_111606.jpg

• Like 3

Really useful info!
From the info you've given I'm pretty sure the right Battery to get would be a 068 (not the 069 you have). It appears the 068 is same dimensions and spec, but with the terminals reversed.
That also ties up with what ECP recommends for my reg number.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Toothy said:

Really useful info!
From the info you've given I'm pretty sure the right battery to get would be a 068 (not the 069 you have). It appears the 068 is same dimensions and spec, but with the terminals reversed.
That also ties up with what ECP recommends for my reg number.

Hi Toothy, the terminals are on the correct side on the 069, its just that they are at the front of the Battery and not the rear.

Looking at the 068 the positive terminal is towards the passenger wing so would not fit.

• 2 years later...

Guys, Granny sucking eggs and all that but please check and double check the terminal configuration before connecting up a new Battery to your pride and joy, as can be seen from above some retailers do not supply the correct battery ( terminals in wrong posistion)  for your car and if you inadvertently connect it up with terminals at the back ( where they should be so as not to stretch them to the front edge of the Battery! ) then you will end up in a world of pain with blown main bus bars and fuseable links = £££'s.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 7:01 PM, Texas said:

Guys, Granny sucking eggs and all that but please check and double check the terminal configuration before connecting up a new battery to your pride and joy, as can be seen from above some retailers do not supply the correct battery ( terminals in wrong posistion)  for your car and if you inadvertently connect it up with terminals at the back ( where they should be so as not to stretch them to the front edge of the battery! ) then you will end up in a world of pain with blown main bus bars and fuseable links = £££'s.

And if anyone needs a nice story of how this pan's out and how much it costs your more than welcome to ask myself.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 6:13 AM, MerchantOfVenice said:

What happened?

Got a new Battery assumed the terminals were located the same as oem  big mistake! one fusible link i think it was 23 blade fuses and a blown engine ecu,luckily there was a written off isf at a breakers so managed to get the ecu off that and coded to my car otherwise it was a looking like a rather large bill.