Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2013 or 2014 ct

carld

Good afternoon,

Im looking at purchasing a ct, my budget is 13k but what is there anything to be aware of on the pre face lift models. I have seen a 2013 plate with 33k miles which looks lovely, but on the other hand i also like the 2014 face lift model. The car would be for my wife who does the school run then into work, this is a 12 mile round trip. She currently has a 16 plate nissan juke, it should be called nissan joke, at present she is getting 28mpg. The car has had a complete top end amongst other things, to be fair we just want rid of it. Am i asking too much for a low mileage 33k ct on a 14 for about 13k. Is this the ideal car for her daily use?

Facelift had a stiffer chassis and therefore slightly softer suspension. Also had some CVT tweaks to make it drone a bit less but overall not much changed other than cosmetics. I'm not aware of anything really to be aware of, both models have excellent reliability with the only thing being the exhaust heat shield being a weak point on some.

Your best bet if you are serious is to test drive both and see which is preferred. As a school run car I expect it would be quite good as long as you don't need more than 2 child seats in the back and the relatively small boot (ok depth but not height) is big enough for your wife's needs.

It is certainly possible to get a facelift model in your budget but likely to be a lower grade. The Advance grade is good value, unless you are looking for a leather interior. Nothing the worry about on the pre facelift models, but lots of minor changes on the newer ones. 

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/CT-200h/18-Advance-vdbl34t

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/CT-200h-Advance/18-Advance-s4bmjzp

Had a niggling thought and have just checked on the government website. The 2013 model is Euro 5 where as the 2014 model year was Euro 6. No different in tax bands at present for most trim levels (same CO2 except for the S spec) but it could become important in future as more places roll out low emission zones and the restrictions get tighter.

http://carfueldata.dft.gov.uk/

Thanks very much gents for your guidance,  i must say that i do prefer the facelift model. Im looking at the advance model because its within my price range where the se and sel seem to be a lot more expensive, im guessing the spec is a lot higher. Does anyone know if you can get the reverse camera on the advance model.

I believe the Advance has a reversing camera as standard together with the basic Nav system, just not with the moving guidelines that you get with the Premium Nav system.

The Advance is the middle grade, above S and SE but below Luxury and Premier (face lift grades).

Apologies and thanks for correcting me. At least i know how the models start and to be fair ive seen a few 14 plate advanced models with between 20k -30k miles for my budget.

• Like 1

On 26/03/2018 at 9:41 PM, stormchaser said:

Which do you think looks better?
e0e7c731dce94a618d373c8b1efb4f80.jpg
As said test drive both and see what you think. CT is a very reliable car with great economy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! ive been waiting for someone to post this. i see you have premier variant and have upgraded it to fsport facelift. i have a 2013 and im wondering how this is to be done and if you could link me to where you sourced your parts from. 

Are fog lights different from a 2013?

How did you get a facelift with the headlight washer holes?

look like the top grill chrome garnish is different in facelift?

Thanks!

I have the same CT in the same colour. Mines an SE L Premier. Sadly this is a picture I got off a Facebook page and not mine. I am at the moment looking for the parts to do this upgrade. I’ve found all of them on eBay. The fog lights are the same but the surrounds are different and need a slight modification to fit. Other than this it’s a straight swap over.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, stormchaser said:

I have the same CT in the same colour. Mines an SE L Premier. Sadly this is a picture I got off a Facebook page and not mine. I am at the moment looking for the parts to do this upgrade. I’ve found all of them on eBay. The fog lights are the same but the surrounds are different and need a slight modification to fit. Other than this it’s a straight swap over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads u i was about to purchase new fog lights. each individual piece of trim is about £100 roughly on eBay. in the image it looks as though i may have to purchase a new upper trim as it looks as though the sharp edge protrude much longer.

P.S would you happen to be able to provide the facebook link which you found this from please?

It’s on the CT200H Malaysia page on Facebook. There were only 2 pictures he put on there. One front and one rear.
10c5612bad78eb7899f4c668dede1be0.jpg
I agree that top trim looks different.
The bottom one is ridiculously expensive.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2018 at 12:56 PM, carld said:

Good afternoon,

Im looking at purchasing a ct, my budget is 13k but what is there anything to be aware of on the pre face lift models. I have seen a 2013 plate with 33k miles which looks lovely, but on the other hand i also like the 2014 face lift model. The car would be for my wife who does the school run then into work, this is a 12 mile round trip. She currently has a 16 plate nissan juke, it should be called nissan joke, at present she is getting 28mpg. The car has had a complete top end amongst other things, to be fair we just want rid of it. Am i asking too much for a low mileage 33k ct on a 14 for about 13k. Is this the ideal car for her daily use?

Just picked this up for my wife for similar mile usage she is loving it, we had to strech to £13,700 but the facelift Advance has a few upgrades and it came with front and rear park assist and sat nav. It had 33k on the clock and came with full Lexus approved 1 year warranty which includes Lexus Assist. I also added another 2 years Lexus  warranty with Lexus Assist for the price of 1 year £495, I figured the RAC/AA at home cover with the same benefits would cost me close on £300 for 2 years so the extra £195 for total warranty for 3 years was a no brainer.

CT200h1 (2).jpg