Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What is the private market for isf’s like these days?

I sold my Evora late last year ready to buy a house this year and this time next year will be looking for a cheapish car for a few years that won’t lose too much £££.

I bought and sold my previous isf for the same money 2 years in and 10k mikes later. 

Are values still holding well? I’d be looking at a later car this time around. Ideally 2013, low miles etc. I am liking the c63amg coupe but residuals don’t seem too clever! Even on a 5 year old low mileage example. 

Stu

• Like 2

There are a couple of 2013 ISF's for sale £27k-£30k, one in white is a beauty and a forum members car. These prices are very close to the RCF, the cheapest being the silver one at £32k. You would imagine the ISF might be a bit more £££ resilient but who knows, the RCF is a much more modern looking car. 

• Like 1

Sadly I am not looking to buy until this time next year. Looking for a car that will lose as little as possible over a 3 year period. Appreciate we all are bit wondering what prices are like they look pretty stable with 50k mike cars still fetching 18k ish. 

Edited by Bluesman
Just go to a blank Photoshop page. Please dont replace it.
  • Like 1

Prices are generally stable - however, its not a sellers market

Private sales of IS-F's seem to be minimal, and do stick around for a while before they go. Probably loads of timewasters or wanting ££££s off.

• Like 1

Isf is a bit more nimble and lighter on her feet compared to the Merc, as for holding value the isf never got replaced unlike the RC that got hammered by pundits and the the LC hailed as the one to have even though the RC was mainly attacked due to not out doing the M4. Unfortunately these critics do have some influence on immediate prices but long run prices tend to balance themselves out. As mentioned previously RC is more modern looking over isf and if it's a coupe you are after it's the next best option... a true Lexus lover appreciates the cars worth so you would probably get roughly your money back (minus petrol and tyre consumption haha).

15 minutes ago, A's F-word said:

Isf is a bit more nimble and lighter on her feet compared to the Merc, as for holding value the isf never got replaced unlike the RC that got hammered by pundits and the the LC hailed as the one to have even though the RC was mainly attacked due to not out doing the M4. Unfortunately these critics do have some influence on immediate prices but long run prices tend to balance themselves out. As mentioned previously RC is more modern looking over isf and if it's a coupe you are after it's the next best option... a true Lexus lover appreciates the cars worth so you would probably get roughly your money back (minus petrol and tyre consumption haha).

This is what I am thinking. If I can get and isf or rcf at a good price I should not lose more than 3k in 3 years, especially as the mileage i do is very low and I do take very good care of my cars. 

Then if i am honest go for the one that gets your heart to beat a bit quicker everytime you sit in the drivers seat. If your mileage is low you couI'd even get an average mileage one a bit cheaper and by the time you sell it the mileage will be below average making your loss even less once you sell it. But these are V8 babies so mileage isn't like buying a 2 litre car... 100k is deemed as good it's just our OCD that wants below 50k haha

True but lower mileage tends to mean less wear on things like switch gear and seats, fewer body marks etc etc 

if I can get and rcf that may be the route to go down having owned a isf already. I did really want a c63 amg coupe but depreciation makes it a potentially silly purchase, even if I pick one up 5/6 years old for 25k ish. Just too many of them about. 

Yea there is those annoying wear marks and bumps. RC is a better place to sit over the C63 I think... and the Merc does not outperform so really it's the badge and crap fuel economy that you pay for... they do sound good though but as you said they are way too common like a dine a dozen as the RC stands out from being rare in comparison. Test drive them all again just to be sure in your own heart and mind.

• Like 1

Hi Stuart, hope you are well.

C63 will requires much deeper pockets to run & you also need to do the usual checks for the issues you unfortunately get with the German manufacturers. I understand early C63's had a problem with head bolts & apparently they can be prone to cracking rims. That said they do make a great noise!!

I would be very interested to hear your thoughts on your time with the Evora?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DAW said:

Hi Stuart, hope you are well.

C63 will requires much deeper pockets to run & you also need to do the usual checks for the issues you unfortunately get with the German manufacturers. I understand early C63's had a problem with head bolts & apparently they can be prone to cracking rims. That said they do make a great noise!!

I would be very interested to hear your thoughts on your time with the Evora?

Aye, running costs are not a massive concern. People complain about the weight of the Rc-f but it is identical to the c63 coupe! Some sites have it heavier and some lighter but very similar. 

Depreciatuon ia the main main concern as this car will be the basis for the next car and so on. If I can get an rc-f and lose 3k-4K over 3 years I’d be happy with that. 

The Evora was exceptional but not without issues. I had a 2013 s sr.

- held value very well.

- handling and steering feel is epic, truly epic. Soaks up bumps yet doesn’t roll, and steering feedback is exemplary but not tiring. 

- the looks, well let’s just say it gets lots of attention all the time. Folks taking pictures and filming it still and while driving.

- not epically fast, same as the isf if not a touch slower. Lots of tubing potential if you have deep pockets.

- interior is nice but frankly cheaply put together when you really scrutinise it. Ford parts, plastics, some ooor fitting events to the cabin. Hopefully purchase by geely will improve this a great deal.

- sounded great but needed an exhaust and they are not cheap. The Larini back box I bought transformed the car but was 1400 fitted.

- servicing was not too expensive. It’s a Toyota after all. Similar to the isf. 

- parts availability is not good at all and the car can be off the road for a month or two if a part is on back order. Hopefully the recent purchase by geely will sort this.

- the paint on the metal mesh grills on the exterior flakes and rusts so needs attention each year. I had s small fault with the tpms reading wrong tyres. 

- infotainment is alpine aftermarket and works but sound is poor.

Overall I loved it but prefer more luxury in my cars. Hence looking at Lexus again. Then hopefully Aston v8vs.

Happy to have a chat or answer any questions chap.

• Like 2

Hi Stuart, remember you from TLF and a local Evora meet a couple of years ago.

I still have my Evora (amazing how well the residuals are staying high & discovered it was the 4th last S1 Evora built) and decided to join the Lexus crowd early this year when I'd finally had enough of Land Rover, and their dreadful approach to customers when trying to get faults fixed by LR that were down to their crap quality control. I decided to get a RX 450h F Sport & so far very pleased with the decision. Not the quick car that you are looking at by any stretch of imagination, but basically the same engine as the Evora (minus a supercharger) and nice & quiet & luxurious

• Like 1

Hi Paul! Small world. I loved my isf and my wife wants to get an nx so we could potentially have a stint as a 2 Lexus car household. Hope you are happy with the Lexus? I find them hard to bear for build quality, reliability, confided and value for money.

Yes, I remember you raving about the isf during the time you were hunting for the Evora.

Only had the RX since mid Jan but so far very impressed with it. Build quality in a different league to JLR, smooth and quiet drive for cruising on long journeys and fuel consumption so far better than expected & hopefully will improve more in the warmer months

TBH, the Evora hasn't been used as regularly as intended but still enjoy it when I do get out in it. Most mileage over the last 2 years has been done in Europe with trips to Italy, Switzerland, Austria, South of France etc. It is, as you mentioned earlier, a very capable car and just as capable on track.

I have thought about cashing in later this year if residuals remain high, we'll just have to see what develops

• Like 1

Thanks for the Interesting write up on the  Evora. Had been toying with the idea of a 400 at some point myself when they were at a more attainable price & good to know the residuals are good. Have to say I’m not sure if I could live with the build quality niggles you mentioned - although I suspect the driving experience would offset it if it’s generally reliable.

Funny you mention the RCF weight issue that the press banged on about at the time, because as far as I could tell it was the only major criticism. Yet as far as I could tell few seemed to feel it was relevant to mention the comparable weight of the C63 or the heavier RS5, only comparing it to the M4. Even against the M4 (which usually has carbon ceramic brakes) it’s usually not far off the pace.  

Having made the change to RCF myself in recent weeks to me it feels more agile & lighter than the ISF did thanks to the better sterring feel. I’m never going to track my car & for every day road use IMO the weight just isn’t an issue. Given what I’d read in the run up to my 1st test drive I was genuinely surprised at how connected I felt from the minute I drove it. 

Give one a go👍🏻

• Like 2

Another who moved to the rcf! Nice one. Pretty sure that’s the route I’ll be going down if the prices are right in a year. All depends how much i have to spend on a house...

• Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 5:07 PM, Stuno1 said:

I sold my Evora late last year ready to buy a house this year and this time next year will be looking for a cheapish car for a few years that won’t lose too much £££.

I bought and sold my previous isf for the same money 2 years in and 10k mikes later. 

Are values still holding well? I’d be looking at a later car this time around. Ideally 2013, low miles etc. I am liking the c63amg coupe but residuals don’t seem too clever! Even on a 5 year old low mileage example. 

Stu

I'm certain it is a buyer's market. The IS-F is a tough car to sell - so I'd ignore the advertised prices. 

Here's some cars that have gone to market in the last year. Only one of the three has sold, and that took 5 months to sell.

goodbye.jpg

• Like 2

On 26/03/2018 at 5:07 PM, Stuno1 said:

Stu

With your budget there will always be a good selection of ISFs.

Drop under 20k and it becomes a bit harder to find a good one. I’ve been on the look out for a while now (under 20k, any colour, under 60k miles, FSH etc) but have pretty much given up... I’m probably going to view a different car this weekend and will come back to the ISF in a few years. 

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, BUG4LIFE said:

With your budget there will always be a good selection of ISFs.

Drop under 20k and it becomes a bit harder to find a good one. I’ve been on the look out for a while now (under 20k, any colour, under 60k miles, FSH etc) but have pretty much given up... I’m probably going to view a different car this weekend and will come back to the ISF in a few years. 

There's a black one on AT with all the criteria's that you've listed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Flytvr said:

I'm certain it is a buyer's market. The IS-F is a tough car to sell - so I'd ignore the advertised prices. 

Here's some cars that have gone to market in the last year. Only one of the three has sold, and that took 5 months to sell.

goodbye.jpg

Completely agree, ive seen 13 plate ISF s on autotrader for months and the prices drop every month trying to get shot of them off the forecourts. In my opinion the immaculate older models 2008 - 2010 seem to change hands quicker but again thats just from watching the market. The thought of selling mine private put me off almost instantly.