Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

51 minutes ago, normski2 said:

There's a few out there - I stuck to the one I had before as I had no issues with it - fitment is very good - application is via 3M adhesive tape. The seller is from Taiwan. Lead time is approx. 3 weeks and expect to pay around £25 on top of the price for duty - Search on eBay for the link below

Painted For LEXUS IS250 IS350 ABS OE ROOF + TRUNK SPOILER WING 06-12

13 hours ago, is200 Newbie said:

Painted For LEXUS IS250 IS350 ABS OE ROOF + TRUNK SPOILER WING 06-12

Just found that seller's ad and according to the Lexus brochure my 250 has a paint code of 1G1 Argento Ice but the seller calls code 1G1 Tungsten Pearl ? Bit off putting! Or is it because the seller is using the names from the US perhaps as none seem to be the same and No Messa Red?

paul m.

image.png

image.png

Think that's the way its been done.

You may recall Newbie saying his car was 8R6 and calling it Breakwater Blue. I'm guessing he thought that based on the code in the eBay sellers info.

8R6 in the UK brochure is Brechin Slate

Those are neither the US nor UK paint names - maybe they are the Chinese or Japanese market names?

My car, for example, is 6U3 - Sargasso Green in UK, Desert Sage Metallic in USA, Midnight Green Mica (above), also  Mid Green and Medium Green Pearl on various web sites. Just goes to show - don't go by paint names - always use the code!

4 hours ago, johnatg said:

Those are neither the US nor UK paint names - maybe they are the Chinese or Japanese market names?

My car, for example, is 6U3 - Sargasso Green in UK, Desert Sage Metallic in USA, Midnight Green Mica (above), also  Mid Green and Medium Green Pearl on various web sites. Just goes to show - don't go by paint names - always use the code!

5 hours ago, normski2 said:

Think that's the way its been done.

You may recall Newbie saying his car was 8R6 and calling it Breakwater Blue. I'm guessing he thought that based on the code in the Ebay sellers info.

8R6 in the UK brochure is Brechin Slate

+1 to the above

Use the paint code.

I'm interested to know whether you have to inform your insurance company of the modifications, and if they charge you extra, how much extra? Would be nice to know as potentially its an extra cost to bear in mind.

I had asked this prior to purchase and it has had no effect on the policy at all. I done the same with the last car with the same notification. Seems if you let them know it is fine ? Guess it would be a different story if these were expensive additions...

• 1 month later...

The ones I had on this one and previous used 3M adhesive tape (double sided) and the last ones were on the car for 5 years, no movement. I would be wary on drilling the boot unless you have a very good sealer to apply