Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS450H brake discs and pads help

usuf_x

Hi,

i need some advise - I'm trying to find a set of brake disc and pads all round but it seems confusing.

i seen some on a popular online auction site :wink3: and when phoned up i was told that the 05/06 450H is a different set up to 07 onward is this true? are not all GS model the same disc and pad  set up? the item is still listed but when choosing variant it say  something like the below which to me makes no sense as i don't knwo what this means can anyone explain

GRS19_, UZS19_, GWS19_ [2005-2011] Saloon

GRS19_, UZS19_, GWS19_ [2006-2011] Saloon

GRS19_, UZS19_, URS19_ [2005-2011] Saloon

I have seen in the usual pleas like euro car parts who sell only  pagid disc and i hear they are not good.... anyone experienced these disc though the do have brembo pads which is good.

Or can anyone point to towards other brand or places where i can source disc and pads

Thanks

usuf

I have absolutely no idea how to link other web sites to my post but on that popular online auction site if you search for the seller 'lexusbirm' or the shop 'Lexus Birmingham Parts' all the parts are listed. I believe a lot of sellers get confused as the Mk 3 GS was introduced in 2005 but only with the 300 and 430 models. The 450h was introduced in the UK in 2006 but not, it seems, until 2007 in some other markets. If you go on an American parts site for example, 2007 is the earliest year listed for this model.

• Like 1

GWS191 is the chassis code for the GS450h (series III).

In the US they always call their vehicles in the second half of the year the next year, hence you see 2007 rather than 2006. Looking at toyodiy.com is seems the same discs where used throughout the production of the series III 450h.

5 hours ago, Chris111 said:

I have absolutely no idea how to link other web sites to my post but on that popular online auction site if you search for the seller 'lexusbirm' or the shop 'Lexus Birmingham Parts' all the parts are listed. I believe a lot of sellers get confused as the Mk 3 GS was introduced in 2005 but only with the 300 and 430 models. The 450h was introduced in the UK in 2006 but not, it seems, until 2007 in some other markets. If you go on an American parts site for example, 2007 is the earliest year listed for this model.

Thanks,

Sorry I should have said that the seller is lexusbrim not sure on house rules but item number is 172398117685  but when i rang them they said that  it would not fit my car as it was manufactured in 2005 but it is a 56 plate car.....

4 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

In the US they always call their vehicles in the second half of the year the next year, hence you see 2007 rather than 2006. Looking at toyodiy.com is seems the same discs where used throughout the production of the series III 450h.

great im getting somewhere , whats the difference between these two then

is it year of manufacture?

1 hour ago, usuf_x said:

Thanks,

Sorry I should have said that the seller is lexusbrim not sure on house rules but item number is 172398117685  but when i rang them they said that  it would not fit my car as it was manufactured in 2005 but it is a 56 plate car.....

Well if it won't fit why is a 2006 450h listed as being a compatible vehicle? Mine is an '06 and was built in 2006. It wasn't launched until 2006! Sounds like either someone doesn't know what they are talking about or someone doesn't know how to list items for sale correctly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, usuf_x said:

great im getting somewhere , whats the difference between these two then

is it year of manufacture?

poorly listed I'd say. The GSR19x / UZS19x / GWS19x relate to the GS300&GS350 / GS430&GS460 / GS450h

That first line shouldn't include GSW19x because it didn't launch until 2006.

I'd say it should look like this:

GRS19_, UZS19_, [2005-2011] Saloon

GWS19_ [2006-2011] Saloon

Either way, it is stating the part is suitable for both lines so is compatible with your vehicle.

If you put the part code into Toyodiy.com is shows it is compatible.

5aba8b2ee1e6f_ScreenShot2018-03-27at19_18_44.png.4a506f9f96b14055dcd52b99f50c6b0a.png

• Thanks 1

thank you guys it does seem odd to list it and then say not fit for my car, though i have to say he was saying i need to buy direct from Lexus at much more for my car maybe he was trying to make money out of me instead of buying from eBay

I will need to call them up tomorrow and see what is really going on....

worst case if they are not sure or playing with me  i wont bother...

how are pagid discs sold by eurocar parts what are peoples experience

I've used Pagid discs on Volvo V70s and had perfectly satisfactory service, but don't give up on getting genuine Lexus parts at a reasonable price. Lexus Birmingham were selling front discs and pads on eBay for £175 delivered,  and my local Lexus dealer effectively matched the deal by doing them for £170 collected.

Just ask, you've nothing to lose.

• 2 weeks later...

OK an update on this and  I took XT5 advise on this  by calling my local garage reading lexus and they could not price match it but then I called Lexus  Twickenham  and the guy at the parts department beat the price of the Lexus  Birmingham  eBay at £318 all in:yahoo:

Wow I was amazed as I was looking at euro car parts  if I had not luck and they where coming up at around £260 so for a few £££'s more it's worth going genuine.

Thank you for the advise and help.

Ps the parts stated on Lexus Birmingham  eBay are for my car so not sure what they were talking about.

Now next bit getting them fitted...

Lexus reading quoted me £500 or so:wacko: that' crazy price for fitting.

Anyone know a decent and cheaper garage/person locally

Thank you in advance.

On 27/03/2018 at 11:32 AM, ColinBarber said:

Maybe that explains why the Rockauto website had a different 02 sensor for my car although I put the correct date in. Now I always put 2006 instead of 05 as that was the start of the gen 3.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links