Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finger in the air time!

How much depreciation is left in the rcf’s? With examples now down to 30k they are touching the isf. Assume the my will both continue to fall or the isf market which is strong will prop up rcf prices. 

Stu

Stuart, I had a discussion with somebody from Lexus sales last week that implied that at the moment they are seeing ISF prices (granted condition, colour, mileage etc all a big part) rising by about £500 a year.  Seems this gap tool they use has a 18 month look ahead on it so when they take a car in they have a view for the future.  Don't know about the RCF price wise, but I do know that I love it.  What a car :-)

• Like 3

Ah ok. Makes sense given how well received it was. So maybe from a financial stance the isf is the better bet.

ill be keepin an eye on both over the next 12 months. 

14 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Ah ok. Makes sense given how well received it was. So maybe from a financial stance the isf is the better bet.

ill be keepin an eye on both over the next 12 months. 

I guess as you say, watch this space over the next year and see.  Having been looking for an RCF since last summer and just traded in the ISF against one just over a month ago, I would say that some RCF's are arriving at dealers and selling almost instantly, very true of the blues but then I am biased :-)  Others are staying which I think is largely down to spec and colour choice (obvious thing to say maybe).  

Absolutely. Sat in one on a few meets when I was back in the isf and the rcf is a big step up from the isf. Question then becomes rcf or isf and watch I want to buy!!! Oh first world problems. 

• Like 2

:wacko: Hope not!

Without ISF they might depreciate more but I suspect ISF is holding them up a little. The V8 aspect may hold prices up later depending on political/environmental changes.

Very hard to say but the ISF is a good guide. 

I'd say 3-4k in one year at the moment - the 31k one on eBay has double mileage of most RC-F of that age.

2 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

So there’s an awful of guessing going on here...... ah well I guess that we’re all Good guessers.......I guess....:yes:

Big Rat

Have a stab! Guess depreciation on a 30k rcf 2015 MY with 20k miles over the next 3 years with low mileage (4K per year) being added. 

Probably best to discuss next year then.

Be interesting to come back to the thread.

How did you do on evora and isf depreciations?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Probably best to discuss next year then.

Be interesting to come back to the thread.

How did you do on evora and isf depreciations?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Bought the isf at 5 years old and sold 2 ish years later for the same price I paid. Bought the Evora 2 years old and it sold for the same price I paid BUT I paid a fee to sell via a dealer. Fee was £2300 I believe. Owned it for 2 years ish as well. 

Bought my ISF 2 years ago January, part exed it for  the Rcf and got exactly what I paid for it.

The isf had 29k on the clock when I bought and 46.5 when I sold it, cost me nothing apart from the two services.

Big Rat

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Bought my ISF 2 years ago January, part exed it for  the Rcf and got exactly what I paid for it.

The isf had 29k on the clock when I bought and 46.5 when I sold it, cost me nothing apart from the two services.

Big Rat

You got the rcf! Well done. Thoughts? Compariosons? What spec did you go for?

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, I've been checking the autotrader part-ex values at the end of each month since Dec 2016, and the private sale since Apr 2017. I was very happy in July, as it seemed to have dropped only 170 in 5 months; since then its a bit less pleasant reading.

It is a June 2015 RCF in the best colour, with the only option a ML stereo

Whilst these may bear little connection with actual transaction prices, at least any error should be systematic.

Part Ex Miles Private
  31-Dec 38140 12000  
2017 31-Jan 37210 12400  
  27-Feb 35470 13300  
  31-Mar 35970 13600  
  30-Apr 36060 14600 37390
  30-May 35640 16200 36830
  29-Jun 36070 16700 37230
  31-Jul 35300 16800 36440
  30-Aug 34960 17000 36090
  29-Sep 33890 17600 34990
  30-Oct 33640 18200 34730
  30-Nov 32320 19100 33370
  31-Dec 31680 19600 32775
2018 29-Jan 31280 20000 32420
  01-Mar 30990 20500 32220
  image.png.3bf90260c463185c56fca6eb240a75a1.png    

• Like 1

I booked (CAP'd) an ISF I was thinking of replacing my current ISF with last week, and over the last 12 months, it hadn't dropped a penny. 

Future classic in the making gents - watch this space! They are too highly regarded and too rare to fail to become sought after in years to come...

Stevie

• Like 1

I agree; I'm expecting one day to see my old ISF turn up in the ads for more than I sold it for  2.5 years ago.

I hope they stop selling the RCF soon; it seems the ISF values strengthened a couple of years after new ones stopped arriving

27 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Big Rat

2 minutes ago, MNMJ said:

I agree; I'm expecting one day to see my old ISF turn up in the ads for more than I sold it for  2.5 years ago.

I hope they stop selling the RCF soon; it seems the ISF values strengthened a couple of years after new ones stopped arriving

The isf will prop up rcf prices to a point. Different cars really but time will tell. Life is too short to hold on to one car that long for me. Too many cars and brands I want to experience. 

21 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

@Stuno1 Thanx Stuart immensely pleased with it, Black with a light grey interior, it's a late 16 plate 9k miles all the available extras except TRD which I didn't want.

Early days yet but I love the modernity of it, a Quicksilver Exhaust going it in the morning.

Big Rat