Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie and first Lexus ever.. amazin..

Thedukes

Hi all, just picked up a standard is300 sportcross, 2002 how did miss these cars for so many years?? What a fun car with all the mod cons too. It's going for a new MOT this week, I know I have to get some disks and pads(already got front yellow stuff pads dam cheap off splock!!)

However I ave found its always worth asking those with experience what to get and where etc..  Any advice on best place to buy drilled disks?? Or good quality ones.. on a budget tho, so for a good price!!! 

Also anyone got any parts left in their shed etc.. let me know.. lowering Springs or kits and exhausts parts and air intake etc.  For an old 2002 is300sportcross!! 

Look forward to sharing the Lexus fun with u all.

Luke 

Thanks for the welcome, just spent the eve looking over the motor in detail.

Seems most things work.. I did plug in and get the O2 sensors multiple faults Lol..

Where can I post the pic of the readouts for advise from the forum.. assuming this aint the correct place. 

Just carnt get over how comfortable these cars are instantly won over!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luke, welcome to the LOC. Best you found one now before they all disappear! 

I've been looking through my stuff as I thought I had a list of codes, but no luck. However they (or some of them) are listed here: https://www.troublecodes.net/lexus/

I think most of them are generic across manufacturers. Not getting a P0430 are you?

Hi there gdh.

Well since my last post I have managed to locate some generic O2 sensors. Just wired in 2 and fixed all but one fault code. 

And that's the next one to change.. but it runs a lot more responsive even now. Love this car. !!

Does anyone know of some light mods worth doing? Am doing a lot of research.. the air intakes for example.. not many about these days .. any advice out there for me? 

Am on a budget too so gotta be cheap or save!! Ahah

Managed to get the traction control on/off work working... The wire connector had comeoose!! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, 

Happy to say have fixed all the EML faults and cars now running sweet... Well apart from couple of interesting things, would appreciate any help in identifying if these need or can be addressed...

Firstly.. the auto box.. (now I should add here that my old girl has done a faithful 195k yep that's a lot) but has an almost flawless service history as far as I can tell. 

With gear changes.. when I boot it it shoots off and holds onto the gears in my view too long, and then a harsh clunk into the next.., when I out the EFT(or ect) on it just does it right up to red line. . 

I can try and guess the change point and lift off a little and then gun it, but this is actually inconsistent sometimes it works other times it don't make any difference.   Generally when just crusing she's perfect.. ..  should I flush the g box oil?? Any solonoids I should replace?? Any advice please?? 

The second pint is the steering/brake vibration... I have traweled and still am for the actual cause.. I have new disks and pads to fit.. but.. I also have a knock from front suspension.. my question is.. when changing swives or ball joints etc.. is there a known weak one? And any better after market components upgrades?? Remembering I don't seem to have the fabled money tree growing in my garden!!

Many thanks in advance.

Luke 

On 06/04/2018 at 10:28 PM, Thedukes said:

Does anyone know of some light mods worth doing? Am doing a lot of research.. the air intakes for example.. not many about these days .. any advice out there for me? 

Not much to gain on these N/A engines I'm afraid. I dropped a K&N filter in which was nice and cheap + gives you that "I've done my first mod" feeling. Makes no real world difference though. (If you do this check it after a day or two. Because the filter is vertical heat from the engine can make a drop or two of oil collect in the bottom of the housing)

I haven't really done much else apart from the odd bulb/LED and a period head unit. Still fancy some spacers though, I do think that would improve its looks no end. Not a mod but Waxoyl might be an idea.

4 hours ago, Thedukes said:

Firstly.. the auto box.. (now I should add here that my old girl has done a faithful 195k yep that's a lot) but has an almost flawless service history as far as I can tell. 

With gear changes.. when I boot it it shoots off and holds onto the gears in my view too long, and then a harsh clunk into the next.., when I out the EFT(or ect) on it just does it right up to red line. . 

The second pint is the steering/brake vibration... I have traweled and still am for the actual cause.. I have new disks and pads to fit.. but.. I also have a knock from front suspension.. my question is.. when changing swives or ball joints etc.. is there a known weak one? And any better after market components upgrades?? Remembering I don't seem to have the fabled money tree growing in my garden!!

Re your first point, at 16 years old and 195k I'm tempted to say stop doing that then! :biggrin:

Secondly, my IS300 is very sensitive when it comes to wheel balancing. Get that checked first. I also have a slight clonk nsf that no one seems to be able to track down so I've stopped worrying about it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links